Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #8






Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.




  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of the post on Pen to Paper.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper somewhere in your post.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!



On My Wishlist:




Eve (Eve #1) by Anna Carey

Published October 4th 2011 by HarperTeen






Goodreads synopsis:

The year is 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus—and the vaccine intended to protect against it—wiped out most of the earth’s population. The night before eighteen-year-old Eve’s graduation from her all-girls school she discovers what really happens to new graduates, and the horrifying fate that awaits her.

Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust...and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.




My Thoughts

I love the tv show The Walking Dead so I just know that this will be a very intense read for me. I want to know what the virus is that wipes out most of the world's population. What horrifying fate is waiting Eve when she gradutates?

What is on your Wishlist? Leave me a comment with a link to your Wishlist Wednesday. I would very much like to see what is on your wishlist.

9 comments:

Michelle Chew said...

This sounds like a great read. This is already on my TBR list. :)

Michelle's Wishlist

Angie said...

I've heard really good things about this one, and it does sound good!

Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

Doodle said...

I've had this one on my wishlist for a while too!

Unknown said...

You had me at deadly virus. It might be the nurse in me but, I love books with viral ends to the world!

Anonymous said...

I've heard of Eve and they're making it into a television show, but surprisingly. I've never read it! Great pick

The Avid Reader said...

Yes, it defiantly does. Thanks for stopping by.

The Avid Reader said...

I have also heard great things about Eve. Thanks for stopping by.

The Avid Reader said...

I love end of the world kind of stories too. Thanks for stopping by.

The Avid Reader said...

A Tv show? That would be awesome. But I hope I read the book first. Thanks for stopping by.