Thursday, July 19, 2012

Review: Of Poseidon By Anna Banks




Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon, #1)

Title: Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon #1)

Author: Anna Banks

Published: May 22nd 2012

Published by: Feiwel & Friends

Hardcover

Pages: 336








Goodreads Synopsis:




Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen — literally, ouch! — both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom . . .

Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.




My Review:




The following review is my opinion and not a paid review. I won a copy of Of Poseidon by Anna Banks from Asheley T. @Into the Hall of Books for an honest review.

This was the first book about mermaids that I have ever read. I was kind of skeptical about reading it at first but at the same time I was very eager to read my first mermaid book. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not but guess what? I loved it and can not wait for the sequel. When I read the ending I was like "no, no, no you can't do this". I was very shocked at how it ended but I did love it. I mean its like your sitting on the edge of your seat and you can't put it down because you just got to know what is coming next. What is Anna Banks going to slam us in the face with next? And then when you least expect it bam "the end". I thought about that ending for days and days. Who am I kidding I am stilling thinking about it. I guess I will for along time to come.

Emma is a decedent of the Poseidon tribe but she doesn't know this. It will take a lot for Galen a prince of the Syrena to convince her that she is special that she has a gift. Emma has always lived on land. While Galen lives deep under the ocean. Although he does spend a lot of time on land because is the human ambassador.

Emma meets Galen while on vacation with her best friend Chole. They have been bff's since childhood. Emma runs right into Galen literally and they each feel the pull. They literally feel a physical tingling. What they don't know is that this means that they are mates. Galen was sent to find a girl that can communicate with the fish. When Galen witnesses Emma trying to save Chole from a shark attack and she is talking to the shark then he knows that Emma is the one he was sent to find.

Emma and Galen have their ups and downs with each other. Emma doesn't like being told what to do and having a babysitter either. Everytime Galen has to go home for a visit for some reason or another. He leaves his sister Rayna or her boyfriend Toraf watching over Emma but she is not happy about this at all. She thinks she knows more about what is best for herself and can't stand the fact that Galen treats her like a child. So everytime he leaves she will so some thing to rebell against him. If she only knew that he was just trying to protect her because he cares about her so much.







Look for Anna Banks on the web:


Web site - Anna Banks
Goodreads - Anna Banks
Goodreads - Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon #1)
Facebook - Anna Banks
Twitter - Anna Banks




Purchase Of Poseidon:

Amazon
Book Depository

2 comments:

Kimberly @ Turning the Pages said...

Great review! I think I'll have to read this one really soon! I love the cover of this one, and I love mermaids. Glad you ended up liking it more thank you thought you would :D

The Avid Reader said...

Thank you MissKimberlyStardust for stopping by. Of Poseidon is a fantastic first read of mermaids. It is just a great read all around.