Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Review of Anywhere By J Meyers




Review By The Avid Reader Banner photo ReviewBanner.jpg






Anywhere

Anywhere
by J. Meyers
Format: ebook

Publication Date: August 25, 2013

Buy Links:
Amazon | Smashwords

Blurb:

Skye Whitcomb is running from her troubles, and where better to run than Europe? Fresh out of college, she makes quick plans with her best friend Paige and hops on a plane.

Of course, nothing ever goes as planned—at least not for her. First, Paige has to bail, and Skye’s left to travel alone. Then she meets sweet and sexy Asher Benedict in Paris, and sparks fly after a night together on the train to Rome. He’s all kinds of perfect for her, but the timing couldn’t be worse since she was running from the altar when she left—so the last thing she wants right now is a relationship.

But Skye’s about to discover that no matter how far you run, love can find you anywhere.



My Review:

The following review is my honest opinion and not a paid review.

I don't read a lot of Romance books without a paranormal creature in it and wasn't sure I wanted to read Anywhere but when J asked me if I would review it I couldn't say no as I have read all of the books in the Intangible series and really loved them. I am so glad that J asked me to review Anywhere because I fell in love with it right from the very beginning. I touched base with Skye on so many levels that it was unbelievable. Her whole life Skye was always trying to get people to like her especially her mother by doing what she thought they wanted her to do. She tried to be what each person in her life wanted her to be so that they would like her. Skye's mother was always blaming her for things that were not her fault. She was always saying to her things like why are you doing this to me? After all I went through caring you for nine months. Why would any mother ever say that to their child? Why would any mother want to hurt their child like that? It's not like Skye ask to be brought into this world.

When Skye's boyfriend asks her to marry him she didn't want to get married but she said yes to him because that was what her mother and everyone else wanted her to do. All through college Skye planned to travel through Europe for a few months but her mother and boyfriend set a date and started making plans for them to get married after graduation. And Skye went along with it because that is what she had done her whole life. But she decided that she couldn't go through with it so before it was too late a week before the wedding Skye packed her bags went to see her boyfriend and told him she couldn't marry him and left with her best friend Paige and hopped on a plane for Europe. But upon arriving in Paris; Paige had to bail out early on Skye.

While in Paris all alone she meets a real nice guy Asher whom she starts to care about a lot. Skye is not looking for a boyfriend or to fall in love she just left a boyfriend back home and skipped out on their wedding. She is not looking for a relationship all she wants is to travel around Europe and find out who Skye is. She is tired of trying to please everyone else when they don't even know it. It doesn't matter what she does it is not right if it was not her mother's or her boyfriend's idea. She has figured out that she is never going to be happy if she doesn't stop trying to please everyone else and not herself. Skye is not a bad person and has always had a very kind and loving heart but man your heart can only take so much before it is ready to blow up.

Asher was such a nice and loving person as well. He let Skye be who she is and didn't try to make her into something else someone that he wanted her to be. He loved her for who she was and not for whom he wanted her to be. Asher could look into her eyes and see into her heart and he knew that she was a beautiful person inside. Asher took the time to listen to Skye when she talked. Everybody needs a pat on the back every now and again. They need to hear that they are doing well no matter what it is. They need to hear those three little words once in a while. Everyone needs to hear "I love you". If you never hear those words it doesn't matter what the person does it is not enough.

Anywhere really hit home with me and I am still thinking about it. I don't think that I will ever forget about Skye and Asher or about J's book Anywhere. It will always be at the back of my mine. J did a remarkable job in writing Anywhere I don't have the words to describe how great a book Anywhere is. I relate so much with Skye it is like J somehow got into my head and my heart and found Skye there. Thanks J for writing such a wonderful book. Anywhere is the best NA Romance book without a paranormal creature that I have ever read in my entire life. I don't think I will ever find another romance book to top it. If you like NA or Romance books of any genre even if you don't you will still fall in love with Anywhere I don't see how anyone could not love it. So I highly recommend it to anyone that is up for a challenge.



Author Links:

Website Icon photo website.png Goodreads Icon photo goodreadsicon.png Facebook Icon photo facebook_32.png Twitter Icon photo twitter_32.png

0 comments: