Thursday, June 30, 2016

Review: The Last Legacy: Season One by Taylor Lavati @taylorjlavati



The Last Legacy
by Taylor Lavati
Published June 15th 2015
Genres: Horror, Zombies


Disaster strikes North America, leaving people without the most basic amenities. Lana is taken from her home and forced to accept a world full of infected, violent beings. Life as humans know it is over, and in its place is a constant fear of death, paranoia, and savagery.

The mission in this new world is simple: survive. But survival comes at a cost few can bear.

As Lana and Jim find more survivors, new threats surface, their past decisions haunting them as they pass through abandoned towns. Armed with nothing but the pack on her back and a long-handled knife, Lana fears whether or not they'll make it to their destination--or if she'll perish along the way.






Author Interview:

What inspired you to write The Last Legacy?

My first novel is called The Thousand Year Curse and it was inspired by a dream. A lot of my ideas come to me in my dreams, and after, I write them down. I decided to go back to this idea inspired by greek mythology and some of my favorite stories and went with it!

When or at what age did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I didn't realize I had the skill or drive to write novels until I was 18. After I wrote one novel and clocked in around 100k I decided that I really loved the outlet it created for me mentally, and once I knew I could do it, I had a confidence that made me want to write more and more. I just really loved writing and decided that as long as I had the ideas, I would keep writing.

What is the earliest age you remember reading your first book?

I read my entire life. My aunt lived with us and would read stories to me every single night. I remember around at 8, she moved out. We would have a phone date every night and she would read to me through the phone until I fell asleep! I just remember trying to stay awake as long as possible and remember the books.

What genre of books do you enjoy reading?

I personally love fantasy and paranormal. I love learning about new worlds and trying to come up with awesome fantasy elements. I think I'm more creative that way. Though my personal writing style tends to be more realistic, I love reading out-there books!

What is your favorite book?

That's completely impossible. Though I can say Beautiful Disaster was the first "new adult" novel I ever read and was the first novel that showed me there are books about people my age (20's) and that they're relatable. At the time I was reading more adult novels or young adult, there was never a sweet spot for my age. Once I found about about new adult, my mind was completely open.

You know I think we all have a favorite author. Who is your favorite author and why?

My all-time favorite would have to be Jodi Picoult. I love her style and realistic tone. I love the way she takes difficult topics and makes you think about them, no matter what your stance is. I think she can write about anything and make it understandable for anyone. She's so inspiring.

If you could travel back in time here on earth to any place or time. Where would you go and why?

I would love to travel back to the 90's but be the age I am now. I was born in '91 so I feel like I was so young for a lot of the fun things, like the culture and music. I would love to go back and see how fast technology moved and how the world changed so drastically, yet so fast.

When writing a book do you find that writing comes easy for you or is it a difficult task?

It comes easy when I'm in the right mindset. I find that lately I'm crunched for writing time so it's more stressful. But when I set aside a day or a few hours to just sit down at the computer and write, I can get a lot done. I write in a more stream of consciousness way when writing a first draft, so I just let my mind go and see what happens. It makes the flow easier to get my ideas written.

Do you have any little fuzzy friends? Like a dog or a cat? Or any pets?

Yes! I have a dog named Beau who I rescued when I was 19. He's my bestie!

What is your "to die for" favorite food/foods to eat?

I'm definitely a salty over sweet kind of person. I would pick out a salty bag of chips over a cake any day. My favorite foods are the fatty ones. I'm a big mac & cheese, hamburger, potatoes kind of girl. Although I love me some vanilla ice-cream!

Do you have any advice for anyone that would like to be an author?


I always tell people to just write. It sounds obvious but if you don't take the time to write, it won't happen and then you'll get frustrated and give up. It you write and get your ideas out there, a story will happen. And I never take word counts into account. They really don't matter. Write for yourself over anything. You're the only one who matters.




My Review:

Lana is a young woman who lives alone and has always been alone and that is just the way she likes it. Lana doesn’t trust anyone or anything. She depends on one person and one person only and that is herself. Growing up in foster care and never having anyone or a reason to trust has left her with no friends or family.

Lana was home alone when the bombs started falling. At first she thought it was earthquakes until she turned on the tv and saw the news. Whatever was in the bombs was turning people into zombies or eaters as they called them.

Lana with not knowing anyone or nowhere to go decided to stay in her home alone until looters came into her home and took her away. She was lucky in that the first person to see her was Jim and not his brother John. John wanted to take Lana for himself and use her and then kill her like all the other women they had taken since the world had ended. But Jim knowing this got to her first and told her to do as he says if she wanted to live.

Jim knew that he couldn’t protect Lana while they were with his brother and I think he wanted out for a while or maybe never wanted to be a part of what his brother was doing from the beginning so he took Lana and they left and were on the run from not only the eaters but John and his gang as well. They met up with a few more people while they were running from the eaters; some I really liked and some not so much. Some of the characters I kept wishing that the eaters would get them.

Lana thinks that she is not strong and has lived her whole life letting people run over her and not standing up for herself. But she is trying real hard now to change all that and not let people run over her or use her. But Lana has a very big and strong heart that really and truly cares about people and wants to see everybody happy and safe. Lana is trying to take on everybody’s safety and wellbeing. Lana thinks she is weak but she is the strongest person in their little group. She has become their leader and she was the one kidnapped.

She takes on the role of mother to a little boy who needs loving when his mom and dad both decide to check out when things start getting too tough for them. Both of his parents only think about them themselves and not their own children and what they will be doing to them and their little hearts.

I have really loved reading The Last Legacy and can’t wait for the next season. I can’t wait to see if Lana and her little group will make it. What about Lana and Jim will they be an item? I loved all the characters or well most of them anyway. But if it were not for the characters you love to hate then you probably wouldn’t have a great book. I would love to see The Last Legacy on the big screen. I think Taylor Lavati is right there in league with Robert Kirkman and one day The Last Legacy will be at the top with The Walking Dead. Taylor Lavati is going places as they say.

If you have not read The Last Legacy and you love shows like The Walking Dead then you are going to love The Last Legacy. Pick up your copy today!


Connect with Taylor Lavati:






0 comments: