Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Review: Salem's Curse by Sydney Bristow @sydneybristowau


Salem's Curse
The Soul-Shifter Chronicles #1
by Sydney Bristow
Genre: Paranormal, Vampires, Witches, Supernatural, Werewolves, Fantasy
Published: February 18, 2017



Blurb:

There's no instruction guide to saving the world, so...apologies in advance if I make a mess of it!

An ancient mage plans to unleash an army of vamps, demons, werewolves, and shifters onto an unsuspecting Chicago, and I'm the last protector of humanity, a witch who goes into panic-attack mode just talking with a stranger.

My name is Celestina Sykes, and I have two potential allies, my aunt, who may have murdered my mom, and a guy I sorta have a thing for, only he may be working for the other side. All told, I've got two days to stop the apocalypse, so wish me luck...and multiply that by infinity because I'm gonna need it.


Buy Link:



My Review:


Celestina Sykes has live with her Granny ever since she lost her mother. Celestina’s mother’s twin sister murdered her mother or she thinks. Celestina has lived a very rough life with no friends. Her Granny has kept her too busy to make friends even if she could have or if anyone had wanted to be her friend she never had the time with her karate classes and her magical training. Celestina has also taking a lot of abuse from her granny both mental and physical.

Celestina trust no one but when she learns what her granny is up too and who she is. She turns to Aunt as the only person that can give her the answers she needs and hopefully she can help her save the world. All the paranormal creatures want to take over the humans. They want to turn the tables on the humans. They want to be in control now instead of the humans. Celestina wants to stop the humans from being hurt as well as becoming extinct.

Celestina meets this guy at one of the meetings that the vampires, werewolves, witches and other paranormal creatures have to discuss their plans for taking over the humans. Justin is a demon but as with all demons he is a hottie and Celestina takes a liking to him right away. But can she trust him? Can she trust her Aunt? Did her Aunt kill her mother? What happened on that awful night so long ago?

I have enjoyed following along with Celestina on her journey trying to figure out who killed her mother and who her granny really is. I liked how the magic worked in Celestina’s family. Salem’s Curse is filled with so much action that it will keep you on the edge of you seat trying to figure out what is going to happen next. The ending is one I never saw coming. I would love to more about Justin and what happened to him. Where is he? What is his story? Will Justin and Celestina have a relationship in the future? Can Justin explain what he did? I can’t wait to read more about Celestina and Justine and all the other characters.


Connect with Sydney Bristow



0 comments: