Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Review: MALICE by Pintip Dunn @pintipdunn @EntangledTeen


MALICE
by Pintip Dunn
Published: February 4, 2020
Publisher: Entangled: Teen
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction



Blurb:

What I know: a boy in my class will one day wipe out two-thirds of the population with a virus.

What I don’t know: who he is.

In a race against the clock, I not only have to figure out his identity, but I'll have to outwit a voice from the future telling me to kill him. Because I'm starting to realize no one is telling the truth. But how can I play chess with someone who already knows the outcome of my every move? Someone so filled with malice they've lost all hope in humanity? Well, I'll just have to find a way—because now they've drawn a target on the only boy I've ever loved...



My Review:


A young girl is visited by her future self and told that she is going to have to murder one of her friends and mess up the lives of others to save the world from a virus that is going to swept across the world killing almost everyone in its wake. Future self will not tell Alice who she is supposed to kill she leaves that one up to Alice to figure out for herself.

MALICE kept me guessing from the first page only giving a little bit of information at a time holding on to all its secrets revealing them increments throughout the whole story right up until the end. There were so many twists that I felt as if my head was on a swivel I didn’t know which end was up.

Future Alice had present Alice running around and doing whatever she told her to do but not without questions. Present Alice asked question after question but it didn’t do her much good as future Alice would not reveal her secrets no matter how hard present Alice tried.

There were so many twists that kept me guessing as to who she was supposed to kill that I never once got it correct. The ending and the one person she was supposed to kill to save the world was a total shock and left me with my month hanging open.

There were parts of the story that had me in tears and made me so sad I would catch myself saying no, no, no. I felt so bad for Alice there at the end poor, poor Alice. But hey I will have to admit it worked so well with the story.

MALICE has been such a great story that I can’t wait to read more from this world or I am hoping that this is not the last that we have seen of this world.

I recommend MALICE to all science fiction and time travel fans. 



Connect with Pintip Dunn:



0 comments: