Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries #1) By: L.J. Smith

The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)The Awakening by L.J. Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

On the first day of school back from summer break Elena meets the new guy Stefan and she wants him and she will have him and she will let nothing or no one stand in her way. Elena is very upset and can't understand when Stefan ignores her and acts like she doesn't even exist. What Elena does not know is that Stefan wants her too that is his whole reason for being in Fells Church.

Then in walks Stefan's brother Damon who wants Elena also. Damon's main reason for going after Elena is because he wants to make Stefan's life miserable. He has being doing that for thousands of years. Damon and Stefan fought thousands and thousands of years ago because they were both in love with the same woman, Katherine who turned them into vampires. They fought and they both died.

I had not watched the tv shows of The Vampire Diaries when I read the books. Yes there is a lot of differences but aren't most books and the tv show or movies all aways different? To me the books are always better than the movie or tv show. You know what the characters are thinking and feeling in a book where on the tv show you can't really know. You also get more of their life and who they are, where they came from. I will always take a book over the movie any day. There is just so much more info in a book.

I like Elena and her sassy ways I don't think she is a bad person. She is just being who she is. I like Stefan more than Damon because he is the nice one. He only wants to do what is right not Damon though. Well I guess Damon is only being a vampire though. Stefan turns up missing. Elena searches for him but can not find him. I could not stop reading this I thought I just had to know what was going to happen next. Would Elena choose Stefan or would she choose Damon?

View all my reviews

0 comments: