Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Blood Approves (My Blood Approves #1) By: Amanda Hocking

My Blood ApprovesMy Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My Blood Approves is the first book in a series called My Blood Approves by author Amanda Hocking. Alice is a teenage girl still in school with no boyfriend and only one bff, Jane. One night Alice goes out with Jane club hopping. They are trying to get into all these clubs but they are being kicked out because they are only 17 with fake ids. When they start home these guys follow them. Jane runs off and hides and leaves Alice behind to get attacked by these guys alone without trying to help her. This gorgeous hunk (Jack) shows up just in the nick of time to save Alice. He offers to give them a ride home. On the way they stop by this little restaurant and have cup of coffee. Jane is all over Jack at the restaurant making eyes at him you know flirting with him. Alice notices that every woman in the place is also starring at Jack. She can’t figure this out while she thinks Jack is nice looking she is not as attractive to him as they all seem to be. Jack takes them home and later Alice discovers that Jack has programed his phone number into her phone.

Alice’s life has always been go to school come home. Alice doesn’t like to clean or cook so her brother, Milo takes care of all these things at home. Their mom is hardly ever at home when she is not at work she is out gambling. Milo wakes her for school everyday and reminds her to do her homework. When Alice and Jack start hanging out together almost every night Milo starts to worry about her.

Alice meets Jack’s brother Peter she is very attractive to him or rather her blood is. Peter and Alice are meant to be together. So this kind of interferes with her and Jack’s relationship. Jack and Alice cannot be together because her and Peter are suppose to be with each other. If they are together then Peter will smell Jack on her or in her blood and he will kill Jack. Peter leaves because he does not want to be with Alice.

Alice finds out that her brother Milo is also attracted to Jack. Milo starts hanging out with them some. He is jealous of Jack and Alice. Alice finds out that Jack and Peter are vampires but Milo does not know this. Jacks family tells Alice that it would be best that she not tell Milo or anyone that they are vampires.

Most of the reviews that I have read about the book My Blood Approves is being compared to The Twilight Saga to me that is not right nor fair to the books and especially not to the authors. Yes I liked The Twilight Saga they were great books but I also like My Blood Approves. Each author has their own writing style and each one is great. Each and everyone has their own opinion and that is just the way I feel. I am not trying to be hateful or a bad citric of any ones review. If we all thought alike or felt the same then it would probably be a boring world to live in. In reading My Blood Approves I liked how the vampires being turned is very different than in any other vampire book that I have read. If you do like reading books about vampires then this is one book you will definitely not want to miss.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

test3s said...

I actually began to read this , but then i did not like how Alice and Jake were supposed to be together.They do not have at least an ounce of chemestry ...And in some ways it does seems to be like a Twisted Twilight...The Love Triangle , The way Peter goes missing after their first encounter..

New Follower
Rallu @ The Daydreamer's Book Obsession

The Avid Reader said...

@TheDaydreamer3 You are right they do have some similarities.