Monday, June 4, 2012

Blog A Quote #3

Blog A Quote is weekly meme hosted by Michelle Chew Writes. Each week we will be sharing a quote from our favorite books. For more info and to sign up visit Michelle Chew Writes.





My quote for this week is from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
“I spent my life folded between the pages of books. In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”




I relate to this quote a lot. I have actually spent just about my whole life between the pages of a book. Getting lost in the world of the characters in a book. At times not knowing what is going on around me or out in the world for hours at a time.





What is your favorite quote?

2 comments:

Michelle Chew said...

Shatter Me! I really enjoyed this book and is waiting anxiously for the next book in the series. So good! I'm like you too! I can read for hours and hours if nobody stop me. :D

Great quote!

The Avid Reader said...

I am really liked Shatter Me also. It is one of the ones that sticks in your head like a song. Thanks for visiting.