Monday, June 18, 2012

Blog A Quote #5

Blog A Quote is weekly meme hosted by Michelle Chew Writes. Each week we will be sharing a quote from our favorite books. For more info and to sign up visit Michelle Chew Writes.





My quote for this week is from Hollowland By Amanda Hocking

“This is the way the world ends; not with a bang or a whimper, but with zombies breaking down the back door.”





I like this quote because it reminds me of Stephen King's The Stand. At the beginning of the movie The Stand there is a poem that starts out "This is the way the world ends". The Stand has been one of my favorite books since the first time I read it.





What is your favorite quote?

2 comments:

Michelle Chew said...

This sounds like an interesting book! I've heard about it but haven't actually got myself to get a copy for myself. I'll probably do it soon since that quote is good. Thanks for sharing. :)

The Avid Reader said...

Hollowland and Hollowmen both are very good. Thanks Michelle for stopping by.