Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Avid Reader was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award




Liebster Award



I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Reading With Holly. Thank you Holly for nominating me for this award.




The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.




The rules:


  1. Each person must post 10 facts about themselves
  2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
  3. Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
  4. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
  5. Remember, no tag backs.



Ten Random Facts about me:

  1. I have read books since fifth grade.
  2. I have 3 dogs 1 of which belongs to my great niece that we take care of for her. My 2 are Margarita and Little Carley. My great niece's is Big Carley. (Long story)
  3. I love HTML.
  4. I love reading.
  5. I like to drink Margarita's. (Mostly at restaurants)
  6. I can't stand labels on a can food, hand soap, etc... to be turned around backwards.
  7. My favorite writer is Stephen King.
  8. I am a tea-a-holic. Meaning I am addicted to ice tea.
  9. I have 5 or 6 hundred books in storage that I can't seem to get rid of.
  10. I had rather read or be on the computer than watch tv any day.



The 10 Blogs I tagged:

  1. A Reader in Time
  2. Michelle Chew Writes
  3. Fetch Me My Fainting Couch
  4. BeLoved Books
  5. The Lonely Bookshelf Of A College Student
  6. Spare Time Book Blog
  7. Library of a Book Witch
  8. My Book Obsession
  9. Books Are My Heroine
  10. The Daydreamer's Book Obsession



My Ten Questions From Holly

  1. Tell us something we do not know about you?

  2. I am very shy. I have to get to know someone before I can talk to them and sometimes that takes a long time for me. Even when I do get to the point that I can talk to them I still can't talk if there is a group of people. I don't know why. I wish I was not like this. But I don't know what to do about it. I don't how to fix it. I am not an unfriendly person but I know people think I am. I just never have a clue as to what to say when there is a lot of people around me. I get nervous. I have read on the internet that some people who are shy can hide behind there computers and say things they would never say in person. But not me, I still don't know what to say.


  3. Why did you start blogging?

  4. I wanted to make my own web site and I love reading books. There is so much to learning html for making a web site. Besides it takes a long time to learn also. One day I was searching the internet for something that I wanted to know how to do. I found blogs where bloggers were posting reviews of books that they have read. I thought I love to read and I like html. So I thought I could combine what little html I knew with blogging about the books that I have read. So The Avid Reader was born.


  5. How did you create your blog?

  6. I created my blog with the love of reading and the little knowledge of html I know.


  7. What genre(s) are your favorite?

  8. I love Paranormal Romance with any mythical creature like vampires, witches, werewolves or fairies etc.... added in.


  9. If you could date one character form a book who would you pick and why?


  10. This is a hard one. I have to pick just one? If I have to pick just one then it would have to be Stefan Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith. Why? Because he is one hot sexy dude. Built like a brick shit house. Need I say more? Naw seriously I think he has a very sweet and loving personality. He knows how to treat a lady. Besides all that he knows how to fight.


  11. If you could be a character in a series or book which would it be and why?

  12. That is easy I would be Zoey Redbird from the House of Night series by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast. She has the powers of all of the elements. Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit. How cool would that be?


  13. Do you write? Or want to be an author one day; if you are not already?


  14. No I am not a writer. I would be lying if I said that I have not thought about it. I have a story that I wrote a long time ago but I have never finished it. My husband says that it is good but I don't know.


  15. Do you read eBooks or hardcover/paperback more?

  16. I read more eBooks than hardcover or paperback.


  17. Do you have any upcoming books you are looking forward to this year or in 2013?

  18. Darkness Fades (Darkness Falls #3) by Jessica Sorensen
    The Burning Bush (Habitat #2) by Kenya Wright
    The Demon Bride (Witching Pen Novellas #3) by Dianna Hardy
    Riven (The Illumine Series #3) by Alivia Anders


  19. As bloggers, we all have another review/book blog that we absolutely love, what is yours?

  20. Turning The Pages



My 10 Questions For You:

  1. How long have you been a blogger?
  2. What is your favorite book or series?
  3. Who is your favorite writer?
  4. If you were in an apocalypse what fictional character would you hope had survived with you? Someone who you think could help you survive. Now don't pick someone just because their hot.
  5. Do you have any pets?
  6. If you were stranded on a desert island. What is the one book that you would want to have with you?
  7. How old were you when you first started reading?
  8. What is your favorite mythical creature? You know like a vampire, a witch, a werewolf etc...
  9. What is your favorite genre(s)?
  10. Is blogging every thing you thought it would be when you first started blogging?

0 comments: