Monday, November 26, 2012

Blog A Quote #26







Blog A Quote is weekly meme hosted by Michelle Chew Writes. Each week we will be sharing a quote from our favorite books. For more info and to sign up visit Michelle Chew Writes.





My quote for this week



On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
By Stephen King



“There are books full of great writing that don't have very good stories. Read sometimes for the story... don't be like the book-snobs who won't do that. Read sometimes for the words--the language. Don't be like the play-it-safers who won't do that. But when you find a book that has both a good story and good words, treasure that book.”









Stephen King has been one of my favorite writers since well I can't actually remember. But I really like this quote. Why? I have said more than once that some books may have a good story but the writer is not any good. Or the writer may be good but the story is not. I have read both and will again I am sure.









What is your favorite quote?

0 comments: