Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #32










Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.




For future Top Ten Tuesday topics, check them out here!

This weeks Top Ten List

Top Ten Books/Authors I'm Thankful For





Savage (Daughters of the Jaguar, #1)

Title: Savage

Author: Willow Rose

When I read the summary of Savage I wasn't sure that I would like it very well. I am very glad that I gave it a chance because it is a very good book.










The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)

Title: The Goddess Test

Author: Aimée Carter

This was the first book that I have read about Greek mythology. I have been interested in it for a long time but I don't know very much about it. The first time I saw The Goddess Test on someone's blog and read their review I knew I had to have it. I loved how the writer changed all the Gods and Goddess' names.










Witchblood

Title: Witchblood

Author: Emma Mills

Witchblood was very different than any book about vampires that I had ever read. Each new vampire had to do whatever they were told to do by the one that turned them.










The Witching Pen (The Witching Pen Novellas, #1)

Title:The Witching Pen

Author: Dianna Hardy

The Witching Pen wasn't exactly as good as I thought it would be. It was a hell of a lot more than I ever imaged it to be. Dianna threw in just enough to keep you hanging on and wanting more.










Darkness Falls (Darkness Falls, #1)

Title: Darkness Falls

Author: Jessica Sorensen

I really enjoyed reading Darkness Falls it was a great read. I love reading anything about vampires, post-apocalyptic and the paranormal.











Dead World

Title:Dead World

Author: Shaun Jeffrey

I loved the whole concept, idea that is being portrayed in Dead World. It is not just about zombies or Gods in general. I love the aspect of telling a story with in a story. Shaun Jeffrey has an amazing, awesome way of telling a story. He is a brilliant story teller. To understand what he is trying to say you would have to have an open mind. The whole time I was reading Dead World I kept thinking that Shaun Jeffrey has a way of telling stories that makes me think of Stephen King.







The Stand

Title:The Stand

Author: Stephen King

If any knows me at all then they know already that Stephen King is one of my favorite writers and The Stand is my favorite novel by him.










Gone With the Wind

Title: Gone With the Wind

Author: Margaret Mitchell

Gone with the Wind is one of my all time favorite books. I really enjoy reading about the civil war and the fall of Atlanta. I love books like this where you can learn the history of your country while reading a good story.







Not Without My Daughter

Title: Not Without My Daughter

Author: Betty Mahmoody

I really enjoyed this book a lot and after all these years since I read it I still think about it a lot. Betty was a brave and loving woman to go through what she did to save her child. There are some women /mothers out there that would have divorced their husband and left their child there.







The Sword and The Prophet (#1)

Title:The Sword and The Prophet

Author: Missy LaRae

The Sword and The Prophet is one of those books that is going to stick with me for years to come. One that I can't seem to get out of my head. You know its like when you get a song in your head and keep hearing it over and over and over. That is how this book has been for me. Instead of a song stuck in my head there's a book stuck in my head.









What is on your Top Ten?

0 comments: