Monday, July 23, 2012

Blog A Quote #10







Blog A Quote is weekly meme hosted by Michelle Chew Writes. Each week we will be sharing a quote from our favorite books. For more info and to sign up visit Michelle Chew Writes.





My quote for this week is from The Stand By Stephen King



The Stand



“Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home.”





I think that Stephen King is trying to explain the MACRO and the MICRO of the human race weather its the world as a whole or just a gathering of friends and family.

If any knows me at all then they know already that Stephen King is one of my favorite writers and The Stand is my favorite novel by him. So I guess that means you will see a lot more about him on my blog in the future.





What is your favorite quote?

2 comments:

Michelle Chew said...

I have to agree with you on your point on Macro and Micro. Looking forward to more quotes from Stephen King on your blog. :)

The Avid Reader said...

I am glad you stopped by Michelle. I like reading your comments.