Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Review: Chrysalis by Harrison Murphy @harrisonmurph1 @BookTasters

Chrysalis

by Harrison Murphy

Published: March 1, 2022

Genre: Political Thrillers, Suspense, Technothrillers


Blurb:


An implant with the potential to save humanity, but only in the right hands.


Not long after a disease leaves thousands dependent on blood transfusions, the UK’s blood reserves are stolen overnight.

The government’s response? Make blood into currency.

The stolen blood is sold by dealers being controlled by a mysterious implant.

Ginley and Sara, two rival political journalists with opposing agendas, cover the government’s handling of a country thrust into crisis. As they find out more about the blood heist and the implant, a political story turns personal, and they have to put their differences aside and work together to unravel a colossal conspiracy.


Goodreads ~ Amazon


My Review:

When I read the summary for Chrysalis I knew right away without a doubt that I had to read it. And boy am I ever glad I did. When I went into Chrysalis I wasn’t sure what to expect and let me tell you what lies between its pages is not what I did expect at all. Going in I expected Chrysalis to be a great read but it was so much more than that.

Chrysalis lies somewhere between contemporary and fiction. It reads like it was pulled from today’s headlines. But some of it just didn’t quite add up for me as I am certain that parts of it could not have actually happened like that in real life. But hey, don’t get me wrong it was still one of the best dystopian books I have read.

Chrysalis takes place after several pandemics. One disease, in particular, has left the world addicted to blood. Then one night the UK’s blood supply is stolen. The government decides to turn blood into currency encouraging people to donate more blood.

Chrysalis was a fast-paced read that had me hooked from the first page or should I say more like the summary. It pulled me in until the world around me was no more. It had me racing to the end to see how each character would play their part in all of it. I was racing to the end to see where the story would lead next and to see how it would all turn out in the end.

I enjoyed Chrysalis so much that I would definitely recommend it to all dystopian and or political thriller fans! One-click your copy of Chrysalis today! 


Connect with Harrison Murphy:

Website ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Twitter

 

0 comments: