Monday, April 25, 2022

Review: Liza Fury: Catch 22 (The Terrian Chronicles #2) by TC Marti

Liza Fury: Catch 22

The Terrian Chronicles #2

by TC Marti

Published: April 25, 2022

Publisher: Phoenix Rising

Genre: Science Fiction, Superhero, Fantasy


Blurb:


My Wind Wielding cousin broke out of prison, killed my parents, and kidnapped my sister…


Then she beat me to within an inch of my life and gave me twenty-two days to rescue Stef


The expert tracker he is, my brother offered to take my spot. But the notorious Intrepid Party caught up and arrested him on false charges.

No one, not my best friend’s crimefighting father or my love interest’s savvy brother has the slightest clue of Stef’s whereabouts. My brother didn’t fill them in.

But they know where the Intrepid arrested him. In a vast, underground city that remained hidden for nearly a century.

And it’s a place where the same people who arrested my brother wait for me and my two best friends. To throw us in jail as retaliation because neither my brother nor my best friends’ families conformed to their politics.

But if I want to rescue Stef, I have no choice but to venture to this city and find the lead Braden was looking for. Even with the looming threat that my violent cousin may be lurking in the shadows. Or the threat of a prison term if the Intrepid catch me.

So yeah, one enemy wants me dead. Another enemy wants me to rot in a prison cell. Never in my seventeen years did I believe I’d play the deadliest game of Catch 22 in human history.

Liza Fury: Catch 22 is the second installment in the Terrian Chronicles, picking up right where Tarja Titan left off. If you love metaphysical fiction rich in elemental magic and small town fantasy, Liza Fury: Catch 22 is for you. Get your copy today and see if Liza can outwit and outlast not one but two enemy factions.

Goodreads ~ Amazon


My Review:

Liza is attacked and beaten within an inch of her life by a woman who claimed to be her cousin. This so-called cousin of Liza’s killed both of her parents and has stolen her sister away. This cousin of hers has forced Liza to play a game that she has no desire to play. She has forced Liza into what is called a catch-22. She has given Liza 22 hours to find her sister or she will kill her.

Liza asks her brother Braden to help find her sister. Liza is in the hospital and the magic runes are not healing her fast enough. Braden comes to the rescue and agrees to help Liza find her sister.

Braden is arrested and put in jail for crimes he did not commit. Someone wants Braden out of the way, right? Or do the trumped-up charges against Braden have nothing to do with Liza and her sister?

Liza enlists the help of her friends to find her sister. With no clue as to where to look, they decide to go to the place where Braden was arrested as they figured his first clue led him there. Can Liza and her friends find her sister before it is too late?

Liza has some very powerful magic inside her. Magic that she has no control over, yet. Liza is one of the few people in the world with all three elemental powers. Like all Elementals, Liza is working her way up the levels to gain control over her powers.

Liza Fury: Catch 22 is the second book in The Terrian Chronicles and it was just as great if not better than the first book Tarja Titan. The characters are all so amazing. I love their personalities and how they all rushed to Liza’s side to help out a friend in need. I can’t wait for more from Liza and her friends in future books from this world.

I would recommend Liza Fury: Catch 22 to all fans of magic and adventure! Grab your copy today!


Be sure and check out other books in The Terrian Chronicles Series


Liza Fury - The Discovery

Goodreads

Amazon


Tarja Titan #1

Goodreads

Amazon


Connect with TC Marti:

Website ~ Amazon ~ Goodreads

 

0 comments: