Monday, April 11, 2022

Review: Coaching the Nanny (Wildcatters Hockey Series) by Alexa Padgett @AlexaPadgett

Coaching the Nanny

(Wildcatters Hockey Series #1)

by Alexa Padgett

Published: April 11, 2022

Publisher: Sidecar Press, Inc.

Genre: Sports, Romance, Contemporary Romance


Blurb:


He's sexy as sin, and I'm one shot from falling for the hockey coach and single dad.

I loved being a Nanny with all my heart.

But when my charges grew up and hit me with the reality that as much as I loved them, they were someone else’s kids, I didn’t think I could do it again.

Until I met the little firecracker Beatrix Whittaker. She’s young, angry, and so in need of love. Within moments, she’s stolen a piece of my heart that I didn’t realize I had left to give. Her uncle, sexy-as-sin hockey coach Silas Whittaker, had me the moment his sultry, soul-searing eyes promised all my dreams.

Like the girl he cares for, he’s jaded and broken by his childhood—not to mention in way over his head parenting for the first time. He knows nothing about children and even less about families.

That’s where I come in. Putting it in hockey terms he understands, I’m the fixer. I’m not sure if I can fix their issues, but Beatrix and Silas make me yearn to share in their future while teaching them how to hope and, maybe even love.

A steamy, angsty single dad sports romance from USA Today Bestseller Alexa Padgett.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

I fell in love with all the characters in Coaching the Nanny from the moment I opened the book. Coaching the Nanny is the first book in the Wildcatters Hockey Series and oh what a delightful little read.

Coaching the Nanny is a romantic love story but it has more than one kind of love. The first and foremost love is the love between a nanny and the little ones that she is taking care of.

Paloma Concord is a professional nanny. She has been taking care of children for a very long time. Paloma was the nanny to two very charming boys since they were very small but after they grew up and started their own lives, Paloma was no longer needed. But the boys loved Paloma very much and stayed in touch with her calling her on occasion for advice among other things. I think it was just an excuse to call her.

Paloma had no plans of becoming a nanny again until her mother became sick and she had to sell her house to pay for the care her mother needed. Left with no choice Paloma steps back into the role of a nanny as if she had never left it.

She doesn’t have to wait long for a position to open up. Paloma gets a job taking care of Beatrix Whittaker. Beatrix is a little hard to deal with in the beginning as she is mad at the world because her mom died and left her all alone.

Beatrix is placed into the care of her uncle Silas Whittaker, a hockey coach. When Silas received the call telling him that his sister had passed away and left him custody of her daughter it was a shocking surprise for Silas as he never knew he had a niece. But he was not alone in this matter as Beatrix never knew she had an uncle either.

I don’t usually read romance or sports books as I am not into romance much but you know after giving it some thought you know I guess we are all into romance more than we think, well, that is if we ourselves just happens to be in love with someone. Right? What do you think?

But you know even though I may not be into romance books very much I can definitely read anything Alexa Padgett writes. Alexa writes with such a flair that the story just jumps off the page and right into your head and heart making you feel as if you know all the characters plus their hearts desire.

Once you pick up one of her books you know that you are going to have set aside a few hours because you are going to be lost between its pages for the duration. I can’t wait to dive into the next book in the Wildcatters Hockey Series to see what Alexa has waiting for us there.

If you are into romance books or even if you are not I would still like to suggest that you give Coaching the Nanny a try as I do believe that you will fall in love. Grab your copy of Coaching the Nanny for a charming and delightful read! 


Connect with Alexa Padgett:

0 comments: