Friday, July 21, 2017

Project Pandora by Aden Polydoros with Interview @AdenPolydoros @EntangledTeen


Project Pandora
by Aden Polydoros
Genre: Thriller, Young Adult
Expected Publication: August 1, 2017
Publisher: Entangled Teen


Blurb:

Tyler Bennett trusts no one. Just another foster kid bounced from home to home, he’s learned that lesson the hard way. Cue world’s tiniest violin. But when strange things start happening—waking up with bloody knuckles and no memory of the night before or the burner phone he can’t let out of his sight— Tyler starts to wonder if he can even trust himself.

Even stranger, the girl he’s falling for has a burner phone just like his. Finding out what’s really happening only leads to more questions…questions that could get them both killed. It’s not like someone’s kidnapping teens lost in the system and brainwashing them to be assassins or anything, right? And what happens to rogue assets who defy control?

In a race against the clock, they’ll have to uncover the truth behind Project Pandora and take it down—before they’re reactivated. Good thing the program spent millions training them to kick ass...




Interview with Aden Polydoros

What inspired you to write Project Pandora?
Mainly, Project MKULTRA, the brainwashing experiments performed by Dr. Donald Ewen Cameron, and the eugenics movement.

Can you tell us a little bit about the next books in the Assassin Fall series or what you have planned for the future?

I’d love to! The next book in the Assassin Fall series is called Project Prometheus, although that may change in the future. It will involve some of the same characters from Project Pandora. Except this time the teens are the ones in control—and they are determined to put an end to the organization behind the Project, once and for all.

There will also be a novella for Project Pandora that will cover Hades’s backstory, before he was given that name. 

I have also been working on an unrelated gothic horror story and a high fantasy, both YA novels.


Can you tell us a little bit about the characters in Project Pandora?

Project Pandora is told from four different POVs, two males and two females.

Tyler Bennett’s the main protagonist in the novel, although not the main protagonist in the series. He is a troubled hero with a strong sense of integrity, which makes it all the more difficult when he discovers he’s been killing people.

Then there’s Shannon Evans. She’s another brainwashed assassin who finds herself inexplicably drawn to Tyler even when she’s not being controlled by “Zeus.” She plays a prominent role in the sequel and will upstage Tyler as the main protagonist.

The other female POV is Elizabeth Hawthorne, who is the daughter of a state senator. Her life of luxury quickly spirals out of control when the fourth character, Hades, crashes a fundraising gala her father is hosting.

Unlike Shannon and Tyler, Hades is aware during his hits and derives satisfaction from them. When I first wrote him, I planned to make him a secondary villain. Instead, he ended up more like an anti-hero. He’s a terrible person, but he has some redeeming qualities.


You know I think we all have a favorite author. Who is your favorite author and why?
My favorite author is Stephen King. I’ve always loved horror. I grew up reading Goose Bumps, and when I hit 7th grade, I began to read his novels. I’ve read almost every book by him, except for the Dark Tower series. I haven’t had much time to read lately, so I plan to start the series once I have more free time. My favorite Stephen King book is Duma Key.


If you could time-travel would you travel to the future or the past? Where would you like to go and why would you like to visit this particular time period?
Depends if I could take a souvenir back with me. If I could bring something home, I would want to travel to the future and take back the cure for cancer or something similar. If there’s a no souvenirs policy, I would like to travel to Victorian London, because I’m a sucker for Victorian aesthetics.

Do you have any little fuzzy friends? Like a dog or a cat? Or any pets?
I have four dogs and five cats. I promise I’m not an animal hoarder! Honestly, I’m not asking for much in life. Paradise to me is being surrounded by my fur babies, even if it means waking up to find my cat trying to smother me by sitting on my face.


Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to visit with us today. 



Connect with Aden Polydoros  

0 comments: