Friday, February 9, 2024

Review: The Architect (Breaking the Code Series #1) by Melanie Bokstad Horev @MelanieBokstad

The Architect (Breaking the Code Series #1)

by Melanie Bokstad Horev

Published: February 9, 2024

Genre: Teen, Young Adult, Dystopian, Science Fiction


Blurb:


On their eighteenth birthday, every young person in the Republic of Novatech goes through The Binding.

It's a day when their consciousness is irrevocably tethered to The Architect, the all-powerful AI governing their society. For Alex, this day marks the beginning of a new life, one where her every move is watched and controlled for the greater good. This binding, in turn, empowers her to actively contribute to the welfare of society.

But when she stumbles upon a hidden message from her late Uncle, Doctor Timothy Trent, a world of secrets unfolds.

With her friends Maya and Kai, she embarks on a journey for truth. As they unravel the Architect's dark secrets, they stand on the brink of rebellion against a society built on lies. Will they survive the labyrinth of lies, or become pawns in the Architect's game?

Who can Alex really trust?


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

I truly loved the world that was created for The Architect but I can’t ever imagine living there or at least I wouldn’t want to. But who knows what the future holds for any of us. The world-building for The Architect is beyond anything I have read before. It is truly amazing.

I really enjoyed reading The Architect. The descriptions made it so easy to picture everything I was reading. I loved following along with all the characters and reading their stories. The Architect grabbed my attention with the summary. Once I had read the summary I couldn’t wait to dive in. I was not disappointed in the least. The Architect was everything and more than the summary promised it would be.

I enjoyed following Alex, Kai, and Maya as their stories unfolded. I could only imagine the fear they lived in or did they. Did they fear the day that their whole lives would be monitored by an AI known as The Architect? Or was this just life for them? Something they had been taught all their lives maybe?

Can you imagine living in a world like this where everything you do you are being watched? Can you imagine being connected with an AI in this way? What a riveting read it was indeed.

I can’t wait to see what the next book may hold for this world. I can’t wait to dive into the next book in the Breaking the Code Series!

Grab a copy of the Architect today! I would recommend The Architect to all science fiction fans!



Connect with Melanie Bokstad Horev

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Instagram ~ Website

 

0 comments: