Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Review: Blood Twins (Everyday Horror #1) by Blair Daniels @firedancerblair

Blood Twins

Everyday Horror #1

by Blair Daniels

Published: February 28, 2024

Publisher: Black Widow Press

Genre: Horror


Blurb:


I found an old childhood photo. There's something terribly wrong with it.

I found it in the back of my mom’s closet. A photo of me, from when I was about 4. Except… the photo doesn’t look 
quite like me. The eyes are too far apart. The grin is slightly too wide.

When I confronted my father, he wouldn’t tell me anything. But then I found the old home videos. Which show a brother of mine, hiding in the shadows of the grainy film. A 
twin. A twin I don’t remember, who my parents hid from me my entire life.

They say he’s dead. A tragic accident, as a child. But I have a feeling he’s very much alive.

And he’s watching me.

BLOOD TWINS is a novel-length continuation of Blair Daniels' viral internet short story, "I Found a Childhood Photo." It received almost 10,000 upvotes on Reddit's horror community, NoSleep, which has 18+ million subscribers.

About Black Widow Press
We're passionate about scares, thrills, and all things that go bump in the night. Stay tuned for more books this year to keep you up all night! Don't Scream and other Black Widow books contain mild to moderate violence and sexual content not suitable for those under 18 years of age.

Cover illustration by Nachiket Naik.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Blood Twins is the first book by Blair Daniels that I have read. Blood Twins drew me in with the title. I knew right then and there that I had to read it. I was hooked from the first page. I couldn’t take my eyes off it until I had read the last page, especially after reading the first page.

Blood Twins kept me guessing throughout as I tried to figure out how the story was going to end. The many twists and turns kept me guessing and racing to the end. At first, I thought I got this one figured out but then a twist was thrown in my path and I was like what? The more I read the more I wanted to read. I kept guessing and guessing after each twist or turn but then of course I would be wrong and I was right back in the mist of the story once again.

Blood Twins kept surprising me over and over again I didn’t think a book could do that but this one has. I was stumped and so very surprised when I made it to the end and found out everything. I was flabbergasted, to say the least. I was left with my mouth hanging open in total surprise. It was brilliant. I don’t think I have ever read anything like it before.

The world-building for Blood Twins is just absolutely amazing. If I could I would give Blood Twins a higher rating than five as it deserves it. I have read stories about twins before but nothing along these lines. I am not British but I keep thinking bloody amazing.

A man finds a photo in it is a little boy that looks just like him. He knows it is not him. He finds out that the boy in the photograph is his twin. He didn’t even know he had a twin. All his life he had been lied to by everyone.

Why would his parents of all people lie to him? How did they manage to get everyone else to go along with the lies? Where is the boy now? Is he still alive? If he is still alive what did he do that was so awful that his parents would lie to him like that?

After reading the summary it will leave so many questions that can only be answered by reading Blood Twins. I urge you to grab a copy of Blood Twins and find out all the answers now!


 

Connect with Blair Daniels

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub ~ Website ~ Twitter

 

1 comments:

Damaris Maidana said...

Thanks for the recommendation, I was very interested in the review. I'm going to read it!