Friday, February 24, 2023

Review: Ember (Kataklysm #2) by T.R. Magnus

Ember

Kataklysm #2

by T.R. Magnus

Published: February 24, 2023

Genre: Family Saga, Fiction, Sword & Sorcery, Fantasy,



Blurb:


Two paths. A single journey.

Blaike isn't like any other Ember.

He commands the draugr.


Can an army of the dead defeat the Lightweaver's legion?

Ashathar's sunstone mines are exhausted.

Without sunstone, the blight will consume the Kingdom.


To save Ashathar, Blaike must confront the tyrant who killed his father.


Can Blaike and his draugr army rescue Ashathar from both tyranny and darkness?

Ming Yue is on a quest to recover a shield forged from Antaboga's scale—the scale the dragon-god shed when he created the world.

Batara Kala is preparing to launch a second Kataklysm.


The power of the dragon scale is the only thing that might thwart the efforts of the destroyer. Will it be enough?

To recover the shield, Yue must travel through the hostile blight, beyond what's charted on Ashatharian maps.


Will her elixirs sustain her through the blight?

Ember is the second book in Kataklysm, an action packed epic progression fantasy series. Fans of progression/cultivation epic fantasies, unique magic systems, and immersive epics like Will Wight's Cradle series or Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive where the hero starts weak but gains power over time will also enjoy this expansive saga.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Ember is the second book in the Kataklysm series and it is just as great if not better than the first book Blightmage. And just like Blightmage, Ember pulled me so deep into its world I felt as if I was a part of it.

The world around me slowly disappeared the more I read. The more I read the more I wanted to read. I was racing to the end to see how it all turned out. Ember is the most riveting and interesting story of all time.

The trials that each character had to endure on their respective journeys kept me well-engaged page after page. Each and every time they had to use their swords made me think of Luke Skywalker and his lightsaber. I do believe this was my favorite part of the story when the blade came out.

Oh, and I did love the talk or maybe the speech of some of the characters. It reminded me so much of my husband and the things he is always saying. I was laughing and I guess maybe smirking? all at the same time. I enjoyed it tremendously.

I can’t wait to read more about this world and its characters. I definitely recommend Ember to all magical fans! Grab your copy of Ember today!


Be sure and check out all the books in Kataklysm!


Blightmage #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Ember #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Connect with T.R. Magnus

Website ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

0 comments: