Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Review: Monsters and Mambos (The Blood Witch Saga #6) by Theophilus Monroe


Monsters and Mambos

The Blood Witch Saga #6

by Theophilus Monroe

Published: February 28, 2023

Genre: Young Adult, Teen, Vampire, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy, Faerie, Witches, Wolves, Demons, Succubus



Blurb:


You never realize how much your bad attitude can impact your life...

...until it manifests as a flesh-and-blood monster.


Ever harbor a resentment and wish someone dead? Even if you didn't really mean it?


There's a monster for that. It won't sleep until it fulfills your darkest desire.

Add to that heartbreak, envy, general pettiness, or a common mood swing...


As deep as the depth of human depravity is the well of monsters I have to fight.


Why is this happening? Where did this new "energy" that's making these monsters come from?

These creatures don't die easy. It took all my power to kill one of them, and I barely survived.


Can I possibly destroy them all?



ABOUT THE BLOOD WITCH SAGA (SERIES)

I'm Hailey Bradbury: Hedge Witch and Vampire.


My sire was staked moments after I was turned.


As a youngling, the Voodoo Queen took me in. She taught me her art.


I've been working with the new Mistress of the Vampire Council.


She trained me in the ways of vampirism, the path of the night.


Witchcraft + Voodoo + Vampirism = what I call bloodwitchery.


Most witches won't mess with the power latent in blood.


It's dark. It's dangerous. But if you can master it...


You can harness the power of life itself.

Monsters and Mambos is the sixth volume in Theophilus Monroe’s expansive Blood Witch Saga.


Hailey Bradbury was only sixteen when she was turned seven years ago. She might be a young vampire—but she’s an accomplished badass witch. After all, only the most daring of witches dabble in blood magic.

Readers of Monroe’s Legacy of a Vampire Witch, Voodoo Academy series, or The Legend of Nyx, have encountered Hailey before. Now, she has come into her own. She may be a member of the Vampire council. Her mentor might be the Voodoo Queen. But no one tells this blood witch what to do. Monsters and Mambos is an action packed Urban Fantasy with a heavy dose of closed door Paranormal Romance.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Hailey Bradbury is a Hedge Witch and a Vampire. An ugly monster has found its way into Hailey’s world. She is trying her best to keep this ugly monster at bay but it shows its ugly head every so often, every time a hot dude comes her way.

But Hailey has other problems than her own on her hands at the moment as there is some kind of monster besides her own making its way among her people. Where are all these monsters coming from?

These monsters are very strong. Hailey is a very powerful witch but these monsters may be stronger. What is she going to do? How can she stop these monsters? Who are they or more like what are they? Where is all this power coming from?

Monsters and Mambos is the sixth book in The Blood Witch Saga and I must say that each one gets better and better like a bottle of wine. I fell in love all over again with this world and its characters, especially Hailey. I do love her ways and the things she says. As always she had me laughing out loud once again.

The descriptions, the suspense and Hailey herself keep the pages going. Once I pick up one of Hailey’s books I can’t turn the pages fast enough for me as I fall deeper and deeper into her world. I am always racing to the end to see how she deals with it all.

I would highly recommend any book that is of this world. Oh, and I highly recommend Monsters and Mambos to all vampire and witch fans out there! Grab your copy of Monsters and Mambos today!


Be sure and check out all the books in The Blood Witch Saga


Voodoo and Vampires #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Witches and Wolves #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Devils and Dragons #3

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Ghouls and Grimoires #4

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Faeries and Fangs #5

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Monsters and Mambos #6

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Connect with Theophilus Monroe

Website ~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

0 comments: