Friday, February 24, 2023

Review: Bat Shift Crazy (The Legend of Nyx #2) by Theophilus Monroe

Bat Shift Crazy

The Legend of Nyx #2

by Theophilus Monroe

Published: July 24, 2021

Genre: Urban Fantasy, Vampires, Shifters, Young Adult, Paranormal, LGBTQ+


Blurb:


I think I’m going batty…

Literally…


I told myself I’d never go back.


I’m returning to the Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged…

Not to get treated… but perhaps Doctor Cain can help.


The world’s original werewolf… and its first murderer.


If anyone can help me get a handle on an undesirable shape-shifting situation… it’s him.


But there is a coven of bat-shifting vampires with other plans.


Surely their appearance and my… acquisition of this ability… isn’t a coincidence.


If I’ve learned anything hunting vampires, it’s that I can guarantee that they’re up to no good.

And I can’t help but wonder… am I the one hunting them?


Or have the tables turned?


Bat Shift Crazy is the second book in the Legend of Nyx series. If you enjoy shifter urban fantasy, vampire urban fantasy, with snarky and unlikely heroes, then you’ll enjoy this vampire hunter series. Fans of Michael Anderle, Shayne Silvers, or Linsey Hall will love Theophilus Monroe’s Legend of Nyx series. Bat Shift Crazy is a one-of-a-kind shape shifting LGBT adventure where a trans heroine must confront her inner demons if she hopes to vanquish the latest vampire threat.


Nyx is a badass, trans woman. And every vampire's worst nightmare.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

You know when I read the title and summary for Bat Shift Crazy I’m not sure what I expected within but what I found was way different and definitely way more than I ever imagined. I loved the first book in the series Scared Shiftless but I do believe I loved the second book Bat Shift Crazy way better. I loved seeing more of Cain, my first remembrance of Cain was in The Blood Witch Saga.

A vampire comes into Nyx’s night club and while she is on stage singing she turns into a bat just as she spots the vampire sitting in the back. Nyx’s journey to find the vampire leads her to the one place she said she would never return to the Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged. Nyx needs help controlling her bat shifting and Cain is the one person who can help her.

I loved all the twists and turns, what a surprise some of them turned out to be on several different levels and for different reasons. I loved all the characters, especially Nyx. I love the way Nyx talks. I was laughing out loud on more than one occasion. I love this series so much and can’t wait to dive into the next book No Shift, Sherlock to see what lies ahead for Nyx.

I loved seeing characters from other stories in Bat Shift Crazy. I loved seeing and reading more about them and learning more about who they are. I love when characters cross over between stories. The world-building is top-notch.

I highly recommend Bat Shift Crazy to all vampire hunters. Grab your copy of Bat Shift Crazy today!


Be sure and check out all the books in The Legend of Nyx Series.


Scared Shiftless #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Bat Shift Crazy #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub




Connect with Theophilus Monroe

Website ~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

0 comments: