Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Review: Cloud Nine (The Cloud Nine Series #1) by Chelsea Mueller @ChelseaVBC

Cloud Nine

The Cloud Nine Series #1

by Chelsea Mueller

Published: March 7, 2023

Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian, Science Fiction


Blurb:


Perfect high-tension sci-fi romance for fans of The 100


Most kids dream of being accepted into the Clean Air Development program. The chance to live on the government’s teen-only Cloud Nine colony means ditching the protective gear and experiencing real sunlight, and that’s just for starters.

Only Ally Ramsey isn’t like other kids. She loves Ground Level. She intends to stay there below the blackened clouds, making a difference where it matters. Too bad the government doesn’t care about her plans. Before she can say, “I didn’t even apply,” she’s shipped off to Cloud Nine to research ways to fix the environment below.

Ally thinks something is wrong up there in the sky. She has no idea how wrong it actually is, or that she’s wedged herself into the center of danger even her self-defense training and scientific mind may not be able to get her out of. If she fails to expose what’s really happening and stop it, those closest to her could die.


First in a series with a gasp-worthy ending. 


Expect:


Kissing in the Middle of a Fight

Strong Female Lead

Women in STEM

Found Family

Enemies to Lovers

Friendship Goals

Snarky AF


Note: Cloud Nine was originally available as a Kindle Vella serialization.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Cloud Nine is the first book in The Cloud Nine Series by Chelsea Mueller and the first book by this author that I have read. But I sure hope it is not the last as I enjoyed reading Cloud Nine very much. I was drawn in by the summary and once I picked it up I couldn’t lay it down until I had reached the last page. I was glued from that first page.

The world-building was wonderfully done. I love reading stories with worlds just like this one. I would surely love to see Cloud Nine made into a movie or better yet a TV show. I could see it all playing out before my eyes as I was reading it. I could see the world that the author created for Cloud Nine with no difficulty at all and it was amazing.

I loved the whole concept of the plot. A world below where everyone lives under dark clouds not knowing what it is to see the sun. A world of desolation. And yes it did remind me of The 100 in many ways.

But then there was a world higher up in the atmosphere where only teenagers can live because of the air quality. Up above the government has a program called the Clean Air Development program where teens are sent to live and work on making the world a better place to live.

Most kids dream of getting selected for the Clean Air Development program but not Ally Ramsey. No, Ally likes her life just fine in the world below. She has no intentions of living in the clean-air colony. She didn’t even sign up for the program. But against her wishes, Ally is selected for the program and has no choice but to go.

Once on the colony Ally soon discovers that something is not quite right. Something very wrong is going on. Ally sets out to find out what is going on and find a way to put a stop to it. Can Ally save the people on the ground and the people up above? Can she find out what is wrong before it is too late?

Cloud Nine is a very interesting story that had me hooked from beginning to end. The suspense kept me wanting more and more. I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. I can’t wait to read more about this world in the next book to see what lies ahead for Ally.

I would recommend Cloud Nine to anyone who likes reading books set in the future and dystopian type books. Grab a copy of Cloud Nine today! 


Connect with Chelsea Mueller

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

0 comments: