Monday, July 31, 2023

Review: Kingdoms of Sin (Coven of Shadows and Secrets, #5) by Ashley McLeo @amcleowrites

Kingdoms of Sin

Coven of Shadows and Secrets, #5

by Ashley McLeo

Published: July 31, 2023

Publisher: Meraki Press

Genre: New Adult, Romance, Paranormal, Demons, Fantasy, Vampires, Witches, Magic


Blurb:


Los Angeles has fallen to darkness, and it’s only a matter of time before other cities follow.

Where will be next?

No one knows, and no one is safe from the seven Princes of Hell and their followers, the Darkborn.

As for me, I have a job to do—find the rest of the Vindix.

But first, I’ve been summoned.

The vampire royals in Isila have demanded an audience with Tobias and me. So we journey to the realm of Isila, a world as perilous as our own and, wouldn’t you know it, chaos that will change the course of my mission ensues.

Kingdoms of Sin is book five in the Coven of Shadows and Secrets Series, a slow burn urban fantasy romance series with fated mates, multiple POVs, sky-high stakes, and a coven unlike any other.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Kingdoms of Sin is the fifth book in the Coven of Shadows and Secrets series by Ashley McLeo. Kingdoms of Sin started off with a blast and never let up. It pulled me deep into its world the moment I read that first page. It had me mesmerized from beginning to end. Once I picked it up I didn’t want to lay it down until I had read every word but unfortunately, life does get in the way on occasion.

The Coven of Shadows and Secrets series just seems to get better and better with each book. Kingdoms of Sin had me in suspense from the moment I started reading it. With each word I read, I had more questions that I needed or wanted the answers to very badly and I wanted them now I couldn’t turn those pages fast enough.

We get to see the world of Kingdoms of Sin through many different characters' eyes. I like reading stories like this as I do like knowing what all the characters are doing and what is going on in their parts of the story and how they are dealing with their troubles.

The world-building for Kingdoms of Sin more than amazed me it was so captivating. Kingdoms of Sin is so well written that I had no problem seeing it all in my head as if I was watching a movie. And speaking of movies I sure would like to see Coven of Shadows and Secrets made into a movie or TV show.

The seven Princes of Hell are trying to make their way to Earth and take over. Some cities have already fallen into their hands. In the meantime, Meredith and Tobias have been summoned to another realm/world to visit with the King and Queen.

Neither want to go with demons trying to take over the world but are given no choice in the matter. They are to go or die. The thing is they could die if they go as this is a very bad realm with vampires plus many more kinds of creatures. I like these vampires or the twist that Ashley has put on them.

I highly recommend Kingdoms of Sin to all paranormal fans! Grab your copy of Kingdoms of Sin today for more rip-roaring scary fun with magic, demons, vampires, and more!


Be sure and check out book one in the Coven of Shadows and Secrets


Seeker of Secrets #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Hunted by Darkness #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


History of Witches #3

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Marked by Fate #4

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Kingdoms of Sin #5

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub



Connect with Ashley McLeo:

0 comments: