Thursday, February 23, 2012

Witchblood By: Emma Mills

WitchbloodWitchblood by Emma Mills
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received Witchblood from the author Emma Mills for being the 50th person to “like” her Facebook page. Thank you Emma Mills. Witchblood is about a young girl Jess who is turned into a vampire one night when she goes to a bar with her friends. While at this bar she meets a very handsome man named Daniel. She thinks that she is being unfaithful to her boyfriend Luke who she thinks is out of town at a bachelor party. So she leaves Daniel sitting at the table and walks out. All of her friends have ran off and left her they were only trying to be polite to let her have alone time with Daniel. She goes hunting Alex in a dark alley which is never a good thing to do by yourself. Jess is attacked by a gang of girls and left for dead. Daniel and his friend Eva find her and Daniel changes her into a vampire to save her.

The way that this vampire clan works is that you do whatever you are told to do by the one who turns you. Normally new vampires have no choice it just happens. Well not Jess she is very independent and has a mind of her own. Which happens to get her in trouble on more than one occasion. Daniel and Eva are very understanding with Jess after all she is only half-vampire.

Jess is turned off by the fact that feeding for her now means biting a human and drinking their blood. She can handle drinking blood from a cup or from Daniel. When she only drinks blood from a cup she doesn’t get the nutrients that her body needs as a vampire. Although biting a human disgusts Jess her body still reacts to the smell of human blood. Daniel and Eva don’t trust her to be alone with humans yet. But Jess being only half-vampire and still having some of her human constraints controls her desire for human blood when she is allowed to go out with them.

When I started reading Witchblood I could not stop turning the pages it was that good. I kelp thinking I need to go to sleep. I think I finally put it down about 3 in the morning only because as humans it is hard to survive with out sleep. I could go on and on talking about Witchblood but then I would ruin it for anyone who has not read it and I definitely don’t want to do that. My suggestion is read Witchblood today. I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of Witchcraft.





View all my reviews

5 comments:

EmmaM said...

Wow! Thanks for the lovely review :) Heres the link for Witchblood on Amazon - it's only 99c: http://www.amazon.com/Witchblood-ebook/dp/B006VD5QLI/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1330021285&sr=1-1
It's also on ibooks, Kobo & B&N... all the usuals :)

The Avid Reader said...

Emma, Your welcome.

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

Definitely sounds like an interesting one! Not what I would have expected.

♥Melissa

The Avid Reader said...

Yes, Melissa it is definitely interesting. Very good story and written well. Emma is going to be a great writer.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Nancy for your review. I have added this book to my to-be-read list on Goodreads.