Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Review: A Lord of Snow and Greed: Crowns of Magic Universe (The Winter Court Series #2) by Ashley McLeo @amcleowrites

A Lord of Snow and Greed

Crowns of Magic Universe

The Winter Court Series #2

by Ashley McLeo

Published: March 26, 2024

Publisher: Meraki Press

Genre: Dragons, Mythical Creatures, Fantasy, Romantic, Fae


Blurb:


With the King of Winter’s vile threats hanging over me, I have two choices:

Marry Prince Vale and or run and, most likely, die.

Then again, perhaps I’ll die anyway when the King of Winter learns I killed a vampire prince . . .

I might even want to die if I’ve started a war between the fae and the vampires, but I can’t just turn away from the trouble I’ve created. Nor take away the honorable prince’s dream to find his fated mate. So I accept Vale’s protection under one condition.

We form a marriage of convenience.

Once the turmoil I’ve created calms, the prince assures me that we’ll find a way for me to flee without recourse. I’ll finally get to be free.

But there are a few things that I didn’t count on . . .

Like how Vale grows on me, and how the desire between us blossoms.

Or how the rising rebellion that makes things more difficult.

Most of all, I didn’t count on discovering so many buried secrets. One in particular that strikes me straight in the heart: that the frigid halls of Frostveil Castle is where I’ve been meant to be all along.

A Lord of Snow and Greed is a dual POV fae fantasy romance filled with court intrigue, secrets, a steamy romance, and adventure. If you like the twists and turns of Throne of Glass and the court drama of Game of Thrones, you’ll love this installment in The Winter Court Series.

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Neve has finally escaped the vampires. To do so she had to kill a vampire prince. Now the vampires are looking for her. Prince Vale has promised to marry Neve to protect her against the vampires. Their marriage is only one of convenience.

Neve is a little nervous about meeting the King. She is not sure how he will handle her marrying his son. He is surely not going to be happy when he finds out she killed a vampire prince. She had to kill the vampire prince so she could escape. Neve had been a blood slave for the vampires. Will he help protect her from the vampires?

A Lord of Snow and Greed kept me on the edge of my seat as I waited to see how it all was going to turn out. I liked getting the story from both Neve and Vale. I liked seeing the story from two sides or points.

A Lord of Snow and Greed is the second book in The Winter Court Series. It was just as great if not better than the first book A Kingdom of Frost and Malice. A Lord of Snow and Greed is told from both Neve and Prince Vale’s points of view. I enjoyed reading and learning more about the fae and the vampires. I also enjoyed the battles that took place.

I can’t wait to read the third book A Hallow of Storm and Ruin in The Winter Court Series. I have to wait a while for it as it is not due to be published until March 3, 2025.

I highly recommend A Lord of Snow and Greed to anyone who enjoys reading about the fae and vampires. Grab a copy of A Lord of Snow and Greed today!


Be sure to check out all the books in The Winter Court Series


A Kingdom of Frost and Malice #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


A Lord of Snow and Greed #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub




Connect with Ashley McLeo:




0 comments: