Thursday, March 7, 2024

Review: The Fertile Ones: A Dystopian Novel by Kate L. Mary @kmary0622

The Fertile Ones: A Dystopian Novel

Published: March 7, 2024

Publisher: Twisted Press, LLC

Genre: Science Fiction, Dystopian, Women’s Fiction, Fiction


Blurb:


Ara Murphy never wanted to be a mother, but the law is clear. She’s fertile, which means her body belongs to the human race.


It’s the year is 2067, and the world has been ravaged by pandemics. The population has dwindled, and fertile women are a rare and valuable commodity. In hopes of preserving our species, the United States has passed the Fertility Act, forcing all women to be screened. Participation in the program is supposed to be straight forward. Three years, one baby, then freedom.

But as Ara navigates the complex and invasive procedures within the program, she’s plagued by questions. Is the government really looking out for the good of the people, or do they have hidden motives? And how much more can they take from her in the name of survival?

Perfect for fans of The Handmaid's TaleStation ElevenThe Power, and Vox, this dystopian tale of courage and bravery will keep you turning pages!


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub



My Review:

The Fertile Ones is by far one of the best books I have ever read. The plot/world-building is the best I have ever read. I was pulled into its depths from the first page or maybe it was more like with the summary. Once I picked it up I didn’t want to stop reading. I actually got very frustrated when the world around me interfered with my reading.

I want so badly to see The Fertile Ones made into a TV Show. I would watch it over and over. The more I read The Fertile Ones the more I wanted to read. This is one book that I never want to see end. I love stories like this so much. I can never get enough of them and their worlds.

When I was reading The Fertile Ones I had no problem seeing what I was reading in my head as if I was standing there witnessing it all. The descriptions were so well written. I loved all the characters even the ones you are supposed to dislike.

I could never imagine living in a world like this but it sure is a lot of fun to read or watch. The Fertile Ones is very similar to The Handmaid's Tale. I am always looking for books or TV shows like The Handmaid's Tale or The Walking Dead. I can’t tell you how many times I have watched The Walking Dead or The Handmaid's Tale.

I must say that Kate L. Mary has definitely outdone herself with The Fertile Ones. This is one story that is going to stay with me forever and ever. I sorely hope to see more from this world in future books.

I loved The Fertile Ones very much and highly recommend it to all fans of The Handmaid's Tale and The Walking Dead fans. Grab a copy of The Fertile Ones today!



Connect with Kate L. Mary:

0 comments: