Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Review: Lost Boy: A prequel short story (Bloody Hearts 0.5) by Anya J. Cosgrove @AnyaJCosgrove


Lost Boy: A prequel short story
Bloody Hearts 0.5
by Anya J. Cosgrove
Published: November 30, 2018
Publisher: Anya J Cosgrove
Genre: Fantasy


Blurb:

Liam Walker was a typical teenager... Until he became a demon.

Things used to be easy for me. I had the perfect Mom, the coolest Dad, and a little brother I loved to tease.
I juggled school, the track team and making out with my hot cheerleader girlfriend.
Now, I hear voices. And see corpses.
They think I'm insane or sick, but I'm not. The voices are real.
And they're coming for me...




My Review:


Lost Boy is a great introduction into the Bloody Hearts world. It also gives us great insight into the main character Liam Walker’s life of who he is and how his world began when he first became a demon.

Lost Boy starts out with Liam being bully at school when the sickness comes upon him. Everyone thinks he is crazy but Liam knows different he knows he is not sick that the voices are real.

He is proven right when some men show up on his door stop and whisk him away to a new school where they will teach him how to use his powers and what it means to be a demon.

Lost Boy is a prequel novel but it can be read as a stand-alone and read before the first book in the Bloody Hearts series as I read the first book Shadow Walker the day before reading Lost Boy.

Lost Boy is a short story and can be read in one sitting. It is packed with lots of action and flows along smoothly and kept me hooked from beginning to end. After reading Shadow Walker and enjoyed it so much that when I saw Lost Boy at the end I had to read it too, to find out more about Liam and Thom and to read more in the world of Bloody Hearts. I can’t wait to read more in the Bloody Hearts world in the future.

I would recommend Lost Boy to all fans of paranormal, science fiction and demons.



Connect with Anya J. Cosgrove:


0 comments: