Friday, August 5, 2022

Review: Witches and Wolves (The Blood Witch Saga #2) by Theophilus Monroe

Witches and Wolves

The Blood Witch Saga #2

by Theophilus Monroe

Published: July 28, 2022

Genre: Young Adult, Teen, Vampire, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy


Blurb:


A local coven is hunting wolf shifters.

They're enslaving them, extracting power from their essence...

What are they planning? I'm not sure.

I would have ignored it... until they captured my... friend.

Or, is he more than a friend?

I don't know. That kiss... I'm so confused...

All I know is that I have to save him.

One hedge witch facing off with a whole coven... drawing on the power of the wolves...

Do I even stand a chance?



ABOUT THE BLOOD WITCH SAGA (SERIES)

I'm Hailey Bradbury: Hedge Witch and Vampire.

My sire was staked moments after I was turned.

As a youngling, the Voodoo Queen took me in. She taught me her art.

I've been working with the new Mistress of the Vampire Council.

She trained me in the ways of vampirism, the path of the night.

Witchcraft + Voodoo + Vampirism = what I call bloodwitchery.

Most witches won't mess with the power latent in blood.

It's dark. It's dangerous. But if you can master it...

You can harness the power of life itself.


Witches and Wolves is the second volume in Theophilus Monroe’s expansive Blood Witch Saga.

Hailey Bradbury was only sixteen when she was turned seven years ago. She might be a young vampire—but she’s an accomplished badass witch. After all, only the most daring of witches dabble in blood magic.

Readers of Monroe’s Legacy of a Vampire Witch, Voodoo Academy series, or The Legend of Nyx, have encountered Hailey before. Now, she has come into her own. She may be a member of the Vampire council. Her mentor might be the Voodoo Queen. But no one tells this blood witch what to do. Witches and Wolves is an action packed Urban Fantasy with a heavy dose of closed door Paranormal Romance.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


 

My Review:

Witches and Wolves is the second book in The Blood Witch Saga. I fell in love with The Blood Witch Saga and all of its characters in the first book Voodoo and Vampires. Well, except for a few that is, and one is the Vampire King. The Vampire King wants to take over the world.

But that is something that Hailey will not allow, no not on her watch. Hailey is a witch who was turned into a vampire when she was only sixteen years old. The Vampire King wants Hailey for his own. He would very much like to make her his queen. But of course, Hailey has no intentions of ever letting that happen.

The Vampire King has taken Hailey’s boyfriend Connor. Hailey is a very powerful witch and uses her magic to find Connor. Hailey finds out from Ginny that Connor was taken when she comes to ask for her help in getting him back. Hailey is not too thrilled to be helping Ginny with anything but for Connor’s sake, she will set aside any differences she and Ginny may have.

Can Hailey find Connor before it is too late? Can she save the world and everybody in it? Can she stop Corbin from becoming the Vampire King?

Witches and Wolves will grab your attention from the first page and will not let go until you have read the last page. The twists and turns just keep popping up one right after the other. You will be pulled in so deep that the world around you will disappear. When the end does make an appearance you are shocked back to reality way too quick.

I loved learning the history of the wolf shifters. I loved all the magic scenes. I loved seeing Hailey playing up to the Vampire King. I loved seeing her use her magic against him in more ways than one. I can’t wait to read more from the world of the Vampire King. I can’t wait to see the road that Hailey’s journey takes her on next.

I would recommend Witches and Wolves to all fans of witches, vampires, and wolves. Grab your copy of Witches and Wolves today!


Be sure and check out Voodoo and Vampires in The Blood Witch Saga


Voodoo and Vampires #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Connect with Theophilus Monroe

Website ~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

0 comments: