Thursday, August 25, 2022

Review: Violins and Vampires (Vampires of the Daemonverse #1) by Cee Bee @ceebeeauthor

Violins and Vampires

Vampires of the Daemonverse #1

by Cee Bee

Published: August 25, 2022

Publisher: Monster House Books

Genre: Vampires, Suspense, Paranormal, Romance, Adult, Fantasy


Blurb:


Outlander meets Dark Prince in this tale of hidden magic, primal attraction, and vampire romance...


Lexa Uznetsov is trapped

To save my sister, I take on my father’s massive debt to Konstantin the Rus, leader of the New York Bratva. My life becomes a never-ending (and incredibly illegal) stakeout for the mob. There’s barely time to sleep, let alone find love. In desperation, I approach Caelin MacGregor, the handsome Scotsman who runs Empire Investments. After all, what’s the worst that can happen?


Caelin MacGregor is a lost king

Ages ago, I ruled a clan of Bloodkin vampires. My people are born to wield magic, drain humans, and live forever. That’s all over now. I’ve been alone for a thousand years. Today, I no longer care about the sunrise, let alone truly desire a woman. Then, I look upon Lexa. My world turns upside down…


Vampires of the Daemonverse

1. Violins and Vampires

2. Veils and Vampires

3. Vixens and Vampires

4. Valor and Vampires


Goodreads ~ Amazon


My Review:

When their father leaves a young girl Lexa has to take his place providing for the family. After her father left Lexa’s mother told her that she would no longer be attending school as she had to get a job and take care of her and her little sister while her mother sat at home doing nothing.

I did not care for Lexa’s mother at all. I didn’t like her attitude. I didn’t like the things she said to Lexa. Lexa was a great person doing what she could to take care of her little sister and her mom. Always doing whatever she said or wanted.

Lexa works hard trying to make the money needed to take care of her little sister who is sick. Lexa works so hard that there is never anytime left for herself. No time to find love or just someone to spend a little time with.

Then one day a guy offers Lexa a job where she will be making a lot of money. There is just one problem. The job is illegal. But without much choice, Lexa takes the job. Lexa’s new boss is none other than a vampire.

Caelin MacGregor is a lost king. A long time ago he ruled a clan of Bloodkin vampires. Caelin has been around for a very long time, more than a thousand years. Caelin has been alone for a long time. I think he is getting very tired of being alive that is until he meets Lexa who turns his world upside down and maybe makes his life worth living once again.

Violins and Vampires go back and forth between the past and the present. In the past, it tells a story about the Gray Woman who has some very strong magical powers. It tells Caelin’s story of what his life was like a thousand years ago and who he was then when he reigns as king of the Bloodkin vampires. It tells about the time when Caelin fought in the arena. The fighting here was very interesting, to say the least. In the present, it tells Lexa’s story of course.

Violins and Vampires is a short read with a lot between its pages. Violins and Vampires is a great start to a new series. It kept me guessing from beginning to end. The suspense kept me in turmoil as I raced to the end to see how the two stories would come together.

Well, that is if they do of course. Do the past and presence collide? Do the past and the present come full circle? Well, let me tell you it is like this you are just going to have to read Violins and Vampires for yourself to obtain the answers. But trust me I do believe that you will like it if you are a fan of vampires.

I highly recommend Violins and Vampires to anyone who likes vampires and magic! Grab your copy of Violins and Vampires and take a step back in time today!


Connect with Cee Bee

Website ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Twitter ~ Facebook

 

0 comments: