Friday, June 16, 2023

Review: The Mandroid Murders (Quirk & Moth #1) by Robin C. M. Duncan @ROBINSKl

The Mandroid Murders

Quirk & Moth #1

by Robin C. M. Duncan

Published: August 9, 2022

Publisher: Space Wizard Science Fantasy

Genre: Science Fiction, Thriller, Mystery, Adventure, LGBT, Non-Binary


Blurb:


They say, “Never work with androids or children.”

Quirk had one job to do, deliver papers to a Milan mafia boss, before leaving Earth for his home in the asteroids. But that was before being tailed, poisoned—oh, yes—and hijacked into raising foulmouthed fourteen-year-old convent girl Angelika Moratti, aka Moth, who'd rather see him asphyxiate in space.

Fleeing assassins, Quirk, Moth and her syRen® android S-0778 ride the space elevator to the Moon, where Quirk hires on to hunt an ex-terra-former who somehow used an android to murder his doctor. But which android of the two hundred under Lunaville’s dome? The trail of bodies grows, time is running out; the only way they can save the dome and the two thousand souls beneath it is to solve The Mandroid Murders.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

The Mandroid Murders is a great start to a brand new series, Quirk & Moth by Robin C. M. Duncan. The Mandroid Murders kept me on my toes racing to the end with all the suspense and twists along the way to keep me tightly glued to the pages not able to lay it down once I started reading.

Quirk & Moth are two very interesting characters that kept me hooked page after page. Quirk & Moth didn’t get along very well with each other. Quirk was hired by Moth’s uncle to raise her. Quirk was not interested in raising a fourteen-year-old girl but I assume the price was right.

Quirk set out on his day to deliver some papers to a Milan mafia boss, before leaving Earth for his home in the asteroids. But he was detained by Moth and her uncle.

When an android kills his doctor Quirk decides to take on the case to find out which android killed the doctor but there are like two hundred under Lunaville’s dome. But before they can find the killer more bodies are found. Can Quirk and Moth find the killer before it is too late for everyone under the dome?

The Mandroid Murders was a great read. I love the world that was created for The Mandroid Murders. I loved the writing style. I loved the blend of a murder mystery, Science Fiction, and a thriller all rolled into one story.

The Mandroid Murders was told from different points of view which I like as I like getting the story from different characters and seeing the world through their eyes.

I do believe that The Mandroid Murders would make a great TV show or movie. I can’t wait to read more about Quirk and Moth’s great adventures in the next book The Carborundum Conundrum.

I would recommend The Mandroid Murders to all science fiction and mystery fans! Grab your copy of The Mandroid Murders today!


Connect with Robin C. M. Duncan

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

0 comments: