Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Review: Splendor's Orbit (The MacLee Chronicles #1) by Jina S. Bazzar @Jina_Bazzar


 Splendor's Orbit

The MacLee Chronicles #1

by Jina S. Bazzar

Published: November 21, 2023

Publisher: Jina S. Bazzar

Genre: Space Opera, Action, Adventure, Science Fiction


Blurb:


Ten years ago, Captain Colderaro was the star of the Confederacy Task Force. And then she went missing.


Now, presumed dead, she prefers to keep a low profile. Working as a pilot on a freighter ship, she occasionally accepts the odd refugee passenger to appease her humanitarian conscience. But things go downhill when her cargo turns out to be none other than the princess of an alien race and her two bodyguards.


Embroiled in a galaxy-wide conspiracy, Captain Colderaro finds herself dodging the Confederacy Task Force, fighting space pirates, and evading mercenaries intent on capturing the princess.


Can she make it to the alien planet without losing or damaging her cargo while still keeping her real identity a secret?


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub



My Review:

I must say I really enjoyed reading Splendor's Orbit by Jina S. Bazzar and can’t wait for more from The MacLee Chronicles. I sorely loved the world that has been created for The MacLee Chronicles. The action and the many twists kept me racing to the end to see how it was all going to turn out.

I couldn’t take my eyes off the page for one second. Once I started reading I was immersed into Captain Colderaro’s world. Ten years ago she went missing with everyone presuming her to be dead.

These days you can find her working as a pilot on a freighter ship. Captain Colderaro accepts a job transporting a princess of an alien race and her two bodyguards.

This job turns out not to be as easy as she first assumed or hoped it would be as she soon learns that the princess is being pursued by the Confederacy Task Force, fighting space pirates, and evading mercenaries intent on capturing the princess.

Their journey turns out to be a dangerous one but a very exciting one for the reader. I could just see it all playing out in my head as if I was watching TV. Splendor's Orbit kept reminding me of a few TV shows like Vagrant Queen, Firefly, Dark Matter, and Killjoys. That is just to name a few.

Splendor's Orbit is a great start to a new series The MacLee Chronicles! I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the next book.

I enjoyed reading Splendor's Orbit so much that I highly recommend grabbing a copy today and letting the adventures begin!



Connect with Jina S. Bazzar:

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

0 comments: