Monday, April 15, 2024

Review: Merlin’s Mantle (Druid Detective Agency #1) by Theophilus Monroe

Merlin’s Mantle

Druid Detective Agency #1

by Theophilus Monroe

Published: April 15, 2024

Genre: Witches, Wizards, Mystery, Magical Realism, Fantasy


Blurb:


The veil is thin, the darkness bleeds. And we're the only ones between it and our city.

My wife, Emilie, and I are more than detectives. We’re more than druids.

We're the last wall against the rising tide of chaos. Magic, once accessible only to a few, now bleeds like a gushing wound, spewing creatures of myth and nightmare into our world.

These monsters aren't here to play. They leave a trail of bodies, hunting for one specific target: the boy living under our roof - 
Merlin.

Yes, that Merlin. Raising a legendary wizard in the 21st century is a challenge, but keeping him safe from ancient enemies determined to twist his destiny is a nightmare.

Now, with these bloodthirsty monsters loose, the city hangs in the balance. Who ripped open the veil? Why do they crave Merlin's blood? And can we stop them before they silence history’s greatest sorcerer, taking countless innocents with him?

This is our story. How we became more than druids, but protectors – the 
Druid Detective Agency. We're the last line of defense against a darkness born from the deepest recesses of the human mind.

If we fail, if Merlin falls, history will shatter. And the monsters won't stop with him.

Merlin's Mantle is the first book in a series unlike any other. It's Harry Potter meets Harry Dresden, with the grit of the Iron Druid and the heart-pounding action of a modern thriller. Prepare to face mythic beasts, unravel ancient conspiracies, and discover the true monsters, the ones we create ourselves.

This is more than a case. It's a battle for the past, the present, and the future.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Merlin’s Mantle is the first book in the Druid Detective Agency series by Theophilus Monroe. Merlin’s Mantle drew me into its world from the first page and had me racing to the end as it revealed all its secrets, one by one.

I had to know how it was going to end and needed to know it now. I couldn’t turn those pages fast enough to suit me with otherworldly creatures pouring in from other realms or worlds.

These monsters are after ten-year-old Merlin. Merlin’s parents, Elijah Wadsoworth are a Druid and his wife, Emilie, is a Bard they are the only ones who can track down these monsters so they can put an end to all their chaos.

Can they save Merlin and their world from the monsters coming through the veil to their world? Who is responsible for opening this veil to another world? Was it done deliberately or innocently? If it was deliberate what is their purpose for doing so? Why would they want to harm a ten-year-old little boy?

The mystery and suspense kept me glued to my chair as I tried to figure out what was going on. I could see it all playing out in my head as if I were a part of their world. I could just see the monsters pouring through the veil. I could see Elijah running through the woods trying to catch one of these monsters.

I sorely enjoyed reading Merlin’s Mantle and can’t wait to dive into the next book Roundtable Nights in the Druid Detective Agency series. I highly suggest that you grab a copy of Merlin’s Mantle today!



Connect with Theophilus Monroe

Website ~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

0 comments: