Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hollowland (The Hollows #1) by Amanda Hocking

Hollowland (The Hollows, #1)Hollowland by Amanda Hocking
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

19 year old Remy King and Harlow make their way across America to find Remy's 8 year old brother Max who was transferred to a new compound when the old compound they were staying in was over run by zombies. On their journey they fight zombies, and they find more survivors. Remy and Harlow meet Blue and Lazlo, who is a famous rock star, (whom Harlow just swoons over), when they stop to spend the night in someones home, well it was not a home anymore the people who lived there were either dead, a zombie or had moved on as with most all of the houses.

Remy rescues a lion that she finds tied to a truck. The lion follows them on their journey. Remy becomes like the leader of the group. Remy and Lazlo are attracted to each other but neither one knows how to tell the other. They come across a farm that has its own running water and Harlow wants to stay because there are more girls here. Harlow is tired of fighting zombies she just wants a place she can call home again. But Remy knows that is not a very good idea because she believes that it is like some sort of cult.

After they leave the farm they find a band of marauders, who attacks them and tries to kill them. People from their group are killed by these marauders. Remy and the rest of her crew find others that have been hiding from the zombies and the marauders not far from where they were attacked. They stay with them for awhile.

I really liked this book, well because I like zombies and anything that is horror. Remy is a kick-ass girl that is a very independent girl who can take care of herself. It has all the action that you need to keep you wanting to read more. It was one of the best books about zombies I think I have read so far.

I think Amanda Hocking did a very good job of grabbing the reader's attention and keeping it.
I was so lost in the story itself that I felt as if I was right there fighting along side Remy the whole way. Looking for Max wanting to find him just as bad as Remy as if he was my little brother too. I felt like I was being attacked by zombies. As if my family, friends and my whole life was gone and it was no more.





View all my reviews

0 comments: