Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Recommends #3

Friday Recommends #3

Photobucket

Friday Recommends is a weekly meme hosted by Pen to Paper. This a weekly book blog hop where we as bloggers choose a book that we have read and recommend it to our fellow bloggers. We can then visit each others blogs to see what other bloggers recommend and find new books to add to our TBR list. Hopfully we all will have new followers from visiting each blog on the linky list.




The rules for Friday Recommends are:


  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book that you've read, and have enjoyed enough to recommend to other readers. It can be a book you've read recently, or a book you read years ago - it's up to you - but make sure you tell us why you love the book (like a mini review). You make the post as long or as short as you like.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of post on host site Pen to Paper after posting your blog post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!





My Recommed for this week:



The Mating (Law of the Lycans, #1)

ebook, 377 pages

Published February 23rd 2010 by Feedbooks.com; Smashwords.com (first published January 1st 2010)

The Mating (Law of the Lycans #1) by Nicky Charles

Goodreads synopsis:

Elise had no idea when she came home that day that she'd end up mated to a complete stranger. A new Alpha and the need for an alliance between packs have made her a pawn

Excerpt: She lay beside him, staring blankly at the ceiling. The deed was done. They were mated. It didn't matter that she had no love for him nor he for her. Political alliances were more important than feelings...



My Thoughts

I was intriged by the summary but at the same time I didn't know if I would like it or not it being about werewolves but I really enjoyed reading The Mating. I loved how mature Elise was in dealing with the fact that she had been mated with a man that she had never met and never spending the rest of her life with the man she loved. You would never have guessed that she was only 18 years old. I need to read the other books in this series. There are four books in the series now The Mating #1, The Keeping #2, The Finding #3 and the fourth book is Bonded #0.5 All of the Law of the Lycans books are all free books. I read on Nicky Charles' website that the reason that her books are free is because she enjoys writing and with her books being free she writes when she wants with no deadlines involved.

Have you read The Mating or any of the books in the Law of the Lycans series? Did you like them? I would like to know what you thought about The Mating or any book in the series. Leave me a comment and let me know.

If you are a new follower leave a comment below so that I will know and can follow you back. Also leave a link to your Friday Recommend so that I can visit you and see what you picked. Thanks for stopping in for a visit.

Find Nicky Charles on the net

Website
Goodreads
Smashwords
Facebook

2 comments:

Kimberly @ Turning the Pages said...

I've never heard of this book before but I just went and snagged a copy from smashwords. Thanks for sharing this one with us :)
-Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

The Avid Reader said...

Hope you like it. I know I did. Thanks for stopping by.