Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Recommends #6

Friday Recommends #6

Photobucket

Friday Recommends is a weekly meme hosted by Pen to Paper. This a weekly book blog hop where we as bloggers choose a book that we have read and recommend it to our fellow bloggers. We can then visit each others blogs to see what other bloggers recommend and find new books to add to our TBR list. Hopfully we all will have new followers from visiting each blog on the linky list.







The rules for Friday Recommends are:


  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book that you've read, and have enjoyed enough to recommend to other readers. It can be a book you've read recently, or a book you read years ago - it's up to you - but make sure you tell us why you love the book (like a mini review). You make the post as long or as short as you like.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of post on host site Pen to Paper after posting your blog post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!





My Recommed for this week:





Hollowland (The Hollows #1) by Amanda Hocking

ebook

Published October 1st 2010 by Amanda Hocking (pubit!)



Goodreads synopsis:

"This is the way the world ends - not with a bang or a whimper, but with zombies breaking down the back door."

Nineteen-year-old Remy King is on a mission to get across the wasteland left of America, and nothing will stand in her way - not violent marauders, a spoiled rock star, or an army of flesh-eating zombies.

My Thoughts

I really liked this book, well because I like zombies and anything that is horror. Remy is a kick-ass girl that is a very independent girl who can take care of herself. It has all the action that you need to keep you wanting to read more. It was one of the best books about zombies I think I have read so far.

I think Amanda Hocking did a very good job of grabbing the reader's attention and keeping it. I was so lost in the story itself that I felt as if I was right there fighting along side Remy the whole way. Looking for Max wanting to find him just as bad as Remy as if he was my little brother too. I felt like I was being attacked by zombies. As if my family, friends and my whole life was gone and it was no more.

If you are a new follower leave a comment below so that I will know and can follow you back. Also leave a link to your Friday Recommend so that I can visit you and see what you picked. Thanks for stopping in for a visit.

Look for Amanda Hocking on the web

Website - Amanda Hocking
Goodreads - Author Page
Goodreads - Hollowland (The Hollows #1)
Twitter - Amanda Hocking
Facebook - Amanda Hocking
Facebook - Hollowland - Amanda Hocking

0 comments: