Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #26










Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.




For future Top Ten Tuesday topics, check them out here!

This weeks Top Ten List

Top Ten "Older" Books You Don't Want People To Forget About (you can define older however you wish. Basically just backlisted books you think are great. Basically the point is to share books that could be forgotten about in the midst of all the new releases)





Roots: The Saga of an American Family Title: Roots: The Saga of an American Family

Author: Alex Haley

Roots is a very favorite book of mine. I loved reading this book. I also loved the movies.













Queen Title: Queen

Author: Alex Haley

Queen is also a very favorite book of mine. I loved reading this book. I also loved the movies.













Palomino Title: Palomino

Author: Danielle Steel

I loved reading Palomino. It is my favorite book by Danielle Steel.












The Stand Title: The Stand

Author: Stephen King

The Stand is one of my favorite books. I could and have read it over and over. I loved the movie too. The movie was not as good as the book.












The Dark Tower Series Collection: The Gunslinger, The Drawing of the Three, The Waste Lands, Wizard and Glass, Wolves of the Calla, Song of Susannah, The Dark Tower Title: The Dark Tower Boxed Set

Author: Stephen King

I loved The Dark Tower Series. I loved all the characters. Like Roland, Eddie, Jake ect...













One Past Midnight: The Langoliers Title: One Past Midnight: The Langoliers (Four Past Midnight)

Author: Stephen King

I guess you have already figured out that Stephen King is one of my favorite authors. The Langoliers is also one of my favorite books and movies.













The Thorn Birds Title: The Thorn Birds: A Novel

Author: Title: Colleen McCullough

I read and Watched The Thorn Birds. I really loved both. I have read and watched both more than once.













A Little Princess Title: A Little Princess

Author: Frances Hodgson Burnett

I loved reading and watching A Little Princess. Shirley Temple was a great actress. I have watched most of her movies.













Dead World Title: Dead World

Author: Shaun Jeffrey

I loved reading Dead World because I think that Shaun Jeffrey is another Stephen King. He puts more in his stories than just the plot itself. I think that Shaun and Stephen has more to say than what the story that they are writing are telling us.










Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) Title: Shatter Me

Author: Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me was one of the best books that I have read.













What is on your Top Ten?

10 comments:

Melissa @ Confessions of an Avid Reader said...

I included The Thorn Birds on my list, too. I agree with your inclusion of Queen. I thought it was excellent. I've not yet read Roots, but plan to one of these days.

Rort said...

I'm a huge Stephen King fan too, I included Bag of Bones on my list (and it was hard to only list one!). I've heard a lot about Shatter me, but haven't read it yet, I'll have to check it out. My TTT.

Vicki S said...

I've always meant to get into the Dark Tower series but haven't managed it yet. Actually, the only books of Stephen King's I've read were The Eyes of the Dragon and his book On Writing. Wonder if the DT have audiobooks out yet...

Also, LOVED Shatter Me. Can't wait for the rest of the series.

Somewhere Only We Know said...

Love The Little Princess. Check out my TTT.

New follower. Looks like I'm you 100th.

Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Lisa Schensted said...

The Dark Tower! I've read The Gunslinger but not the rest of the series. I should!

And also SHATTER ME. Forever.

Amanda said...

I really want to read The Dark Tower and Roots and The Stand. Some great picks!

The Avid Reader said...

If you like Queen I am sure you will like Roots. I liked Roots more than Queen. I loved both books though. Thanks for stopping by Melissa.

The Avid Reader said...

Stephen King has been one of my favorite authors since high school. I have read and own most of his books. Thanks for stopping by Rort.

The Avid Reader said...

I love The Little Princess too it is a great book.

Thanks for the follow! Congrats on being my 100th. I have been waiting and waiting to have 100 followers. Thank you!

I will have to have a giveaway real soon. (Hint,Hint)

The Avid Reader said...

You should read the rest of the series. They are just as good if not better. Thanks for stopping by Lisa.

Loved Shatter Me also. Can't wait for the next book.