Monday, March 28, 2022

Review: Civil War (Chronicles of Rondure #1) by TC Marti


 Civil War

Chronicles of Rondure #1

by TC Marti

Published: March 28, 2022

Publisher: Phoenix Rising

Genre: Fantasy, Magic, Sword & Sorcery, Dystopia, Science Fiction


Blurb:


I was Culled at age five into the Bastille Military, the World of Rondure’s superpower…

Having lived on-base for thirteen years, military life taught me two things: Mastery of the Smoke Element and to never apologize about using it on enemies

Now that I’m awaiting a sure life sentence for the crime of exposing Bastille’s true crimes, they’ve left me with no choice. When they try to extradite me, I will call upon my Sword of Smoke and escape this predicament, using every combat technique they taught me against them.

Then, I’ll take it upon myself to finish a mission I started years ago; to unplug the People of Bastille and let them know who the real enemy is: their home nation and its Capital City of Paramount.

As I go rogue, every authority figure with money, power, and influence in the Bastille Empire will want me dead. Thanks to them, I’m one of the most powerful Smoke Masters in the World of Rondure. And I’m ready to break the spell the people of my nation have lived under for over a century.

Calling all fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender and George Orwell, Civil War features a strong heroine, with epic fantasy tropes bending into science fiction with dystopian and thriller elements, non-stop action, and stakes so high that Mina Hirai's success or failure will set forth the fate of Rondure forever.


Buy your copy today!


Amazon


My Review:

Mina Hirai was taken by the Bastille Military at the age of five as she had superpowers. The Bastille Military trained Mina how to use her powers. She eventually became very powerful. Mina is now in prison awaiting her life sentence for uncovering the Bastille’s crimes against the people.

Mina plans to escape capture at the first opportunity. When she does she will have the most powerful people hot on her trail. Mina has plans to continue her mission of exposing the Bastille Military and all their wrongdoings. She has every intention of opening the eyes of their army and hopefully give them their lives back. Mina is a very powerful soldier now thanks to the Bastille Military. She plans to use everything shes got against Bastille.

Civil War was a great start to a whole new series, Chronicles of Rondure with great introduction to some wonderful and not so wonderful characters. The battle scenes alone were enough to keep me hanging on not being able to turn the pages fast enough as I watched Mina through each and every battle as the magic just poured out of her and striking in all direction.

I could see her magic as it left her. I could see her moving from place to place as if she was floating on a cloud of smoke. I saw Mina as if she was surrounded by a green smoky mist and her magic pouring out of her fingers like a bolt of orange lighting striking her enemies one after the other.

I am now anxiously awaiting for the next book in the Chronicles of Rondure series to see what awaits us. I can’t wait to see what the world of Rondure has waiting for us.

I highly suggest that you check out Civil War today for an epic adventure in a world filled with magic! One-click your copy of Civil War today!


Connect with TC Marti:

Website ~ Amazon ~ Goodreads

 

0 comments: