Friday, April 8, 2022

Review: Fallout by Hayley Anderton & Laura Swift @handerton96

Fallout

Apocalypse #2

by Hayley Anderton & Laura Swift

Published: April 8, 2022

Genre: Zombies, Horror, Young Adult, Post-apocalyptic


Blurb:


A week has passed since the world turned upside down. Help isn't coming, communications are down, and a group of young teenagers remains stranded on a British farm, waiting for signs of rescue.

As they adjust to their new reality, the teenagers must learn to fend for themselves. But with trouble brewing all around them, they're are about to discover that humans might be just as terrifying as the rotters plaguing their world.

Tensions are rising.

Alliances are forming and enemies are being made.

Humanity is slipping through their fingers.

The apocalypse is here to stay.


Goodreads ~ Amazon


My Review:

It's been about a week since people started dying and turning into zombies. Yes, I did say zombies. Fallout tells the stories of more than one group's adventures with the zombies. But mostly they are just trying to stay alive. Some are seeing the big picture and know that the zombies are going to be around for a long time and are starting to make plans for the long haul.

I do believe that some are still looking for someone to come in and save them from the zombies. But then some have already figured out that no one is coming to save them. If they want to be saved then they are going to have to save themselves.

Some groups are breaking up and going their separate ways. Others may still be together physically but have fallen apart mentally. They are beginning to figure out that zombies are not the only thing they have to worry about in a zombie apocalypse. They are learning that humans can be just as dangerous as zombies.

Fallout was an intense read that became scarier and scarier the more I read and followed each group on their excursions in search of their family and friends and the supplies needed to survive. There were a lot of zombies around trying to take bites out of everyone. But there was also enough drama from the humans to keep the pages turning as well.

There was this one character that I just wanted to reach into the story and give this guy a big shake. Although I do think more than that needs to be done with this guy. I was livid at one point. I do believe that his time will come and that he will pay for all that he has done and will do in some way or another. I know everyone is just trying to survive the best way they know how but there is a right way to do it.

Fallout reminded me so much of my favorite TV show The Walking Dead with the humans and the zombies. I can’t wait to read more from this world, the Apocalypse series. I need more now, please. I can’t wait for the next book Chaos to make its appearance.

I highly, highly recommend Fallout to all zombie apocalypse fans! And I also recommend that you one-click your copy of Fallout today!


Oh, and don’t forget to check out the first book in the Apocalypse series:


Apocalypse #1

Goodreads

Amazon


Connect with Hayley Anderton:

Twitter ~ Wattpad ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon


Connect with Laura Swift:

Goodreads ~ Amazon

 

0 comments: