Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Review: Beneath These Walls by Shade Owens @ShadeOwens

Beneath These Walls

by Shade Owens

Published: January 23, 2024

Publisher: Red Raven Publishing

Genre: Psychological Thriller, Domestic Thriller, Domestic Suspense, Psychological Suspense, Suspense, Thriller


Blurb:


She thought she was finally safe, away from him…


Six months ago, my husband tried to kill me.

Now, my sons and I are living in an old Victorian house passed down to me by my uncle. The house may be big, but the town is small… it's safe, which is something I haven't felt in a very long time. And best of all, it's very far away from my ex.

As soon as we move in, however, I discover that this house has an eerie reputation. Rumor has it my uncle was a mysterious man accused of atrocious things, which is drawing a lot of unwanted attention our way.

And the last thing we need is attention; we need to stay invisible if we want to stay alive.

But how can we remain invisible when things keep happening in this house? Strange things. Horrific things that has the whole town watching. Maybe even him. We were supposed to be safe here, but it's becoming glaringly apparent to me that we're in real danger.

Then I remind myself: I'm a mother.

And a mother will do anything to protect her children.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Beneath These Walls is another great book written by Shade Owens. Beneath These Walls grabbed my attention from the first page and held on page after page. Beneath These Walls kept me tied to my seat from the first page. I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough as I was pulled deeper and deeper into Alice/Emma’s story. Beneath These Walls is a very intense and sometimes horrifying read.

Beneath These Walls tells the story of a woman who is being abused by her husband. She put up with his abuse for years. But then her husband’s attention turned to her boys. Emma was afraid for herself but she would do more to keep her boys safe than herself.

Emma ran with her boys but it wasn’t long before her husband found them or had gotten real close to finding them. When they moved this time Alice changed her name to Emma.

Emma received a phone call telling her that her uncle had passed and that he had left her his estate worth millions. This news could not have come at a better time in her life.

She now had a place to take her boys. Hopefully a safe place. Emma had never talked to anyone about her uncle. So she assumed that her uncle’s place would be safe and that her husband knew nothing about it.

But after they moved into the house strange things started to happen. Emma starts noticing a strange man following her in town and to her home. Who is this man? Has her husband found her? Or is there something more sinister going on? Was this man connected to her uncle’s death?

I would recommend Beneath These Walls to anyone who loves a good thriller. Grab a copy of Beneath These Walls today!



Connect with Shade Owens

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

 

0 comments: