Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #23










Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.




For future Top Ten Tuesday topics, check them out here!

This weeks Top Ten List

Top Ten Bookish Confessions (Anything! You dog ear, you hated a book but said you loved it, you have $500 library fines...anything goes!)





  1. I hate it when someone turns the corners down in a book.

  2. I won't criticize a book because that author has worked hard in writing that book and is very proud of their work. I won't lie but I will find a way to word it so that I am not saying anything bad about it.

  3. I don't like comparing one book to another book if it is in a negative way.

  4. I don't like comparing authors either saying that one author is better than the other. If I do compare them I am saying that that author is in the same league or writing style as the other author.

  5. I hate when I am reading and people start talking to me and expect me to know what they have just said to me like I am not doing anything.

  6. I also hate it when I am reading and someone starts playing music or turns the tv up real loud.

  7. Most of the time I will judge a book by its cover. Although I have been wrong before. Just because I think the cover does not look good doesn't mean that it is wrong for the book or that the story is not going to be a good story.

  8. It upsets me when people judge me because of the types or genre of books that I read. The genre of books that I read does not make me the person that I am.

  9. I don't like lending my books to people because most of the time they won't return them.

  10. I have had this dream for years to have a room with bookshelves that go from the floor to the ceiling on all four walls. I call it my "dream room".









What is on your Top Ten?

2 comments:

DeniseF said...

Ha! #5 is totally me! My husband will talk to me while I am reading and then gets mad when I have no clue what he told me.

The Avid Reader said...

Hey DeniseF, I know what you mean. Been there done that. Thanks for stopping by my Top Ten.