Monday, June 25, 2018

Review: Red Runs the River (Life of the Dead, #5) by Tony Urban @tonyurban


Red Runs the River
Life of the Dead #5
by Tony Urban

Published: March 25, 2018
Genre: Horror, Zombies, Apocalyptic, Post-Apocalyptic

Blurb:

This is how the end begins. In the thrilling conclusion of the LIFE OF THE DEAD series, the men and women who survived the initial days of the zombie apocalypse are faced with new challenges and epic adventures and every decision is the difference between life and death.

The Life of the Dead Series includes:
Hell on Earth
Road of the Damned
The Ark
I Kill the Dead
Red Runs the River 




My Review:


I have loved following along with all the characters in the Life of the Dead world and wondering if their lives were ever going to cross. All the characters are amazing and strong people. Most are very loveable and had me rooting for them the whole way and then there were some that I wasn’t sure if they deserved to live with all the cruel and mean things they did.

I love this author’s writing style it is so incredibly amazing. I love how he described the zombie killing scenes with all the blood and gore; heads being spilt or parts of their mouths being pulled off. There were lots and lots zombie fighting scenes around every corner. But there was also humans killing humans.  

There were times that I would be laughing real hard and then other times I when I would notice a few tears rolling. I can’t say it enough of how much I have loved this world and I can’t get seem to get enough of it. I am so glad that I had all the books so that I could read them back to back. I am so sad to this world end. I would so like to see more of the life of the Dead world and its characters.

I love just loved that ending. It was so awesome! I never saw it coming. It blew me away. Although I was hoping for it I never once thought that it would turn out that way but I am glad it did.

I loved getting to see the world through the eyes of so many characters. Having so many characters in the book just goes to show how great an author is to be able to keep up with each character and keep their stories straight.

I would recommend Red Runs the River to all fans of zombies, apocalyptic, post-apocalyptic readers. The world of the Life of the Dead has some characteristics of The Walking Dead, Z Nation and The Stand if you are a fan of any of these then you will love this world.  


Connect with Tony:




0 comments: