Friday, May 24, 2019

Review: Kingdom of Sand and Wishes: A limited edition of Aladdin retellings boxset Featuring The Djinn Curse by Margo Ryerkerk @MargoRyerkerk


The Djinn Curse
by Margo Ryerkerk
Published: May 24, 2019
Genre: Teen, Folklore, Fairy Tales, Young Adult


Blurb:

How far will you go to reclaim your freedom?

My name is Roxelana, and my human life was stolen from me.

Turned by force into a djinn, I’ve waited for 100 years for a shot at freedom.

My current assignment in Istanbul presents an opportunity to break the connection to my lamp and escape my eternal slavery. There’s just one problem. Doing so means sacrificing the sultan prince to the king of djinns. I shouldn’t care about the prince, but I can’t stop myself. He has a pull on me I can’t explain. Coupled with his kindness and the care he shows his people, I’m in deep trouble.

When push comes to shove, who will I choose? Him or myself?

The Djinn Curse is a part of the Kingdom of Sand and Wishes: A limited edition of Aladdin retellings boxset.



My Review:

My review is for The Djinn Curse by Margo Ryerkerk

Roxelana was a human until the day she had her freedom and everything she cared about taken from her. Roxelana was taken and turned into a djinn and locked away in a lamp for 100 hundred years.

Roxelana is sent to Istanbul to help the king of djinn’s over throw the Prince of Sultan and so he can take over Istanbul and all the humans to use as his slaves. Roxelana has a very big heart and doesn’t want to hurt anyone but she is just a pawn of the king of djinn’s having no say or control where he is concerned. The king of djinn uses magic to control Roxelana and force her to do his bidding.

Roxelana has a chance to break her curse and regain her freedom but the only way she can do that is to turn the prince over to the king of djinn. After spending time with the prince Roxelana is being draw to the prince and is starting to have feelings for him. Will her feelings for the prince stop her from trying to take back her freedom? Roxelana has a big heart and cares about people deeply. Can she be so selfish to hurt someone else for her freedom? Which is bigger; her heart or her selfishness?

The Djinn Curse has enough action to keep you hooked from beginning to end. It will draw you into its magical world with lots of twists to keep you hanging around rooting for Roxelana hoping she will do the right thing. I really enjoyed this retelling of Aladdin and its magical world as well as all the characters.

If you like fairy tales, retellings of fairy tales of Aladdin or the movie, or fantasy stories then you will fall in love with The Djinn Curse. Pick you your copy today to begin the magical journey with the Prince of Sultan and the Djinn Roxelana.


Connect with Margo Ryerkerk:

0 comments: