Thursday, January 19, 2023

Review: Hammered (Legacy of Magic #1) by Lindsay Buroker @GoblinWriter

Hammered

Legacy of Magic #1

by Lindsay Buroker

Published: November 9, 2022

Publisher: Lindsay Buroker

Genre: Urban Fantasy, Fantasy, Supernatural Suspense


Blurb:


Seattle native Matti Puletasi has the strength of a bear, the stamina of an ox, and a magical hammer inherited from her dwarven mother.


She’s happy renovating homes and occasionally thumping bad guys until she learns of a mysterious artifact hidden under the house she’s working on. Everybody from humans to orcs to werewolves wants it, and they’re willing to kill to get it. Things go from bad to worse when someone frames her for murder.

The only person interested in helping her is a haughty elf assassin from another realm. He’s handsome, powerful, and deadly, but he’s got an agenda of his own. She dare not trust him—or be attracted to him.

But if she can’t clear her name, the assassin will be the least of her worries.

~

Set in the same world as Death Before Dragons, the Legacy of Magic series is perfect for urban fantasy fans who enjoy adventure, snarky humor, and slow-burn romance with badass elves who should not be trusted. Pick up Book 1, Hammered, today!


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Hammered is the first book in the Legacy of Magic series and the first book by author Lindsay Buroker that I have read. Hammered is unlike any book I do believe that I have read before.

I love the world that has been created for the Legacy of Magic series. I fell in love with the characters from the first page. It reminded me so much of The Witcher: Blood Origin. I keep seeing Meldof from The Witcher: Blood Origin. It was the hammer of course and the dwarfism that did it.

Matti Puletasi inherited a hammer from her dwarven mother. Matti has more than one use for her hammer. Matti with the help of her friends flips houses for a living. Matti also uses her hammer in fights when she is being hunted and chased down by werewolves and other paranormal creatures.

Matti has a new house to renovate. This new house has a whole lot of problems headed her way. Matti learns that there is an ancient artifact hidden somewhere on the grounds of the house. Matti feels a pull to tear up the floor of the house even though there is no need to.

Now she has a whole bunch of paranormal creatures hot on her tail who want the artifact for themselves and will do whatever it takes to get their hands on it.

Hammered drew me into its world from the first page. Once I picked it up it was like magic pulling me deeper and deeper into its world. I could see and feel everything that was going on. I couldn’t turn those pages fast enough as I had to know what was happening. I felt a connection with this world and the characters. I can’t wait to read more from this world. I can’t wait to read the next book Betrayed.

As a matter of fact, I enjoyed reading Hammered so much that I highly recommend it to all paranormal fans! Grab your copy of Hammered today!


Connect with Lindsay Buroker

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ Pinterest


0 comments: