Friday, January 20, 2023

Review: Closed Campus (Jane Zombie Chronicles #1) by Gayle Katz @booksbygayle

Closed Campus
Jane Zombie Chronicles Book 1
by Gayle Katz

Published: February 18, 2018
Publisher: In Your Face Publishers
Genre: Zombies, Dystopian, Post-Apocalyptic, Science Fiction

Blurb:

No college orientation can prepare you for the zombie apocalypse…
Jane is homesick, lonely, and ready for a new adventure. When she starts her new radio gig at Scarlet Peak University, the worst thing she expects is a few late night prank calls. She never planned for zombies.

As the undead attempt to invade the station, Jane’s only chance of survival is to team up with a band of radio misfits. Together they have one chance to stop the sickness before it creeps off campus and threatens the world with annihilation.

Closed Campus is the first book in the Jane Zombie Chronicles, a series of post-apocalyptic novels with a twist. If you like undead zombie attacks, coming-of-age tales, and quirky characters, then you’ll love Gayle Katz’s debut novel.

Unlock Closed Campus today to experience the delightful terror yourself!



My Review:

Jane a young college student starts her first overnight shift as a DJ at the campus radio station. When the day shift comes in and takes over Jane decides to stick around for a while instead of heading back to her dorm as her first class starts shortly.

Jane is taking it easy listening to the morning DJ’s and seeing how they run the show when someone busts through the doors. They start to tell them about what is going on outside with all the students that they are all acting crazy and that they attacked them and bit the guy on the arm. The next thing they know the guys tries to attack them. They decide they need to get out of there quick and get help.

So they make a plan. They will split up into groups of two. One group will make their way to the snowplow machines on campus and the other will try to make it to get one Jane’s professor’s 4X4 truck on the other side of campus. So Jack and Jane make their way across campus to get the professor’s truck. Hopefully, they can find some type of transportation so they can get off campus and find help before it is too late.

I love me some zombies and once I found out about Closed Campus and Jane and her zombies I had to give it a try. I don’t think I will ever get tired of zombies. I really loved following Jack and Jane as they made their way about in the snow up to their umm rear almost and fighting zombies the whole way. Jack and Jane make a very good team and both have hearts as big as an ocean and will put their own lives in danger to save the other.

When I was reading Campus Closed I felt as if I was right there beside Jack and Jane stomping through the snow and feeling the burn just as much as they did and feeling the adrenaline rushing through my veins hoping they would make it to their destination without coming across any zombies or at least make it safely.  Once I started reading Campus Closed I couldn’t put it down I devoured it in just a few hours. I can’t wait to read more of the Jane Zombie Chronicles.

I would recommend Campus Closed to anyone who loves zombies and young adult books with lots of action around every corner. 



Connect with Gayle Katz:

0 comments: