Sunday, December 8, 2019

Review: The Den: A Ghost Novella by Steven Jenkins @Author_Jenkins


The Den: A Ghost Novella
by Steven Jenkins
Published: November 28, 2019
Publisher: Different Cloud Publishing
Genre: Horror, Ghost



Blurb:

DISCLAIMER: Contains coarse language and scenes of drug misuse.


My world used to be simple. The life of a junkie.

Wake up. Get high. Repeat...

Even the sight of my dark, mould-infested flat never bothered me. I liked the darkness. It felt like home. It felt safe.

But now, there's someone else here. A little girl that watches me. Follows me.

She wants me dead.

But I won't let her beat me. I won't give her the satisfaction - because she's in my head.

She's not real.

And neither are ghosts...




My Review:


The Den tells the story of one man’s life while using drugs and what it feels like to him. It also tells how on one horrific night a wrench was thrown into a man's life that changes it forever is sending him down a dark and lowly spiral and into the world of drugs.

The Den is a dark, short read that can pull at the heart strings. It is a horror story but at the same time it is so much more. It will be disturbing for some but can also be an eye opener for others.

I would like to suggest The Den to anyone who has ever had a loved one who has traveled down this road.


Connect with Steven Jenkins:


0 comments: