Monday, December 9, 2019

Review: Oracle by Carissa Andrews @CarissaAndrews

Oracle: A Diana Hawthorne Psychic Mystery
8th Dimension Novel #2
by Carissa Andrews
Published: June 21, 2018
Publisher: Carissa Andrews
Genre: Psychic Mystery, Fantasy, Witches, Angels


Blurb:

Even psychics have their blind spots.

Everyday I deal with personal prophecies and dish out guidance to the poor souls knocking at my door. I answer questions about their love lives, their hidden desires, and all the other incessant queries they can't seem to answer for themselves. And everyday, I do it with a smile on my face when I really just want to roll my eyes or tell them to get off their ass and make a move. Any freakin' move.

Have I mentioned, people annoy the crap outta me?

Don't look so surprised. You'd be annoyed, too, if you were 2 millennia old and had to deal with the same questions day in and day out—when all you really want to do, is unlock the big gaping hole in your own damn memories.





My Review:


Diana Hawthorne is a psychic and is very good at reading people and rooms. Diana likes using her psychic powers to help people out with their ever day lives or with their love lives or to find missing things. A young girl goes missing. Her parents seek out Diana’s help to find her. Diana contacts the police with the information she has on the missing girl.

A stranger shows up in Diana’s home giving her a shock. This stranger is a private investigator looking out for the girl’s parents. He is just checking to make sure Diana can do what she claims she can do. Diana and Blake team up to find the missing girl. The case of the missing girl turns out to be more than just a kidnapping.

I really liked Diana and Blake but Diana’s assistance Renaldo holds a special place in my heart. I loved their relationship. I loved how Renaldo was always late. I can relate to him being late. I have this reputation of being late to up hold myself or that is what I tell my family you know a little joke between us. No seriously though I really loved his attitude and how he dealt with things.

Oracle has lots of different emotions tied to it like it made me sad at times but it made me feel happy too. Then there were times when I felt angry at the things people will do. I just don’t understand.

Oracle was a great read and I really loved all the characters and can’t wait to see more of them in future books. After reading Oracle I have come to know Diana better and I have come to really like her.

I would recommend Oracle to all fans of mystery, fantasy or anyone looking for a great book to read.


Connect with Carissa Andrews:

1 comments:

Carissa Andrews said...

Oracle, just like Love is a Merciless God, is one of my favorites! Of course, this one is my hubby's favorite because he sees a lot of ourselves in these two. ;) Thank you so much for your lovely review, Nancy! And just so you know, I love Renaldo, too! Wait until book 2 when he finds out what's been going on oversees. ;)