Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Review: Polarities by Carissa Andrews @CarissaAndrews


Polarities
Pendomus Chronicles #2
by Carissa Andrews
Published: May 2018
Publisher: Carissa Andrews
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopian


Blurb:


With Runa separated from the only people who’ve had her back, she must go on a quest alone to uncover what it really means to be the Daughter of Five. Dropped in an unknown location, presumably still on the planet, she only has a monolithic book — the Caudex — as her guide, but it’s not giving up its answers easily. Will she be able to uncover the mysteries?

In the meantime, Trae and Kani are on a mission of their own, which may turn out to be disastrous. With Fenton dead and Runa gone, their next course of action is to strike Videus back where he’ll hurt most. Will their plan succeed to bring down the mysterious man behind the Helix? Will Runa be able to find her way back to her friends? Or is the fate of the planet doomed? 



My Review:


WOW! I didn’t think this story could get any better after finishing Pendomus but when I picked up Polarities I found out real quick like just how much better it could get.

There was so much more detail in the world building in Polarities. The descriptions were out of this world amazing with each little detail I felt as if I was there experiencing it all myself. It was like having ESP….as if Carissa and I were on the exact same page and as if the characters and I both were traveling in the same world.

In Polarities Runa is separated from her friends and ends up in another time and place and as the Daughter of Five Runa faced a number of trials on her journey that took her from the present to the past. Completing the trails puts Runa closer to her goal of saving Pendomus.

While Runa was a way her journey she met quite a few different creatures who helped her along the way. I enjoyed seeing Runa trying to converse with the creatures.

We are introduced to a few new characters in Polarities but there was one in particular that grabbed my heart and that was ten-year-old Ammon. He was so sweet and cute. Ammon had been kidnapped and beaten by a very bad man and left all alone with no food or water when Runa found him.

Polarities is a very interesting and engrossing read that had me hooked with all the excitement, mystery, the world building, the characters, the trials, the love and all the twists that it kept throwing at me; oh and not to mention the ending but I am not going to speak of the ending as I don’t want to spoil the story but I will say it is something to look forward to. I can’t wait to dive into the next and last book of this awesome trilogy Revolutions.

All I can say now is read this trilogy, the Pendomus Chronicles now; but I do suggest that you start with the first book Pendomus and then Polarities oh and don’t forget the prequel Trajectory as it is a remarkable story as well and is a part of this trilogy, the Pendomus Chronicles. One click yourself a copy of Polarities today!


Connect with Carissa Andrews:

0 comments: