Monday, December 30, 2019

Review: We Shall Not Sleep (The Van Helsing Legacy #1) by M.R. Graham @quiestinliteris


We Shall Not Sleep
The Van Helsing Legacy #1
by M.R. Graham
Published: August 5, 2019
Publisher: qui est in literis
Genre: Horror, Thriller, Suspense, Vampire



Blurb:

The Great War is over, its fires quenched. The guns are silent. The Dead are waking.

Meg van Helsing grew up with a book in one hand and a wooden stake in the other, a crucifix always around her neck. But the world has changed, and the monsters she hunts with her friends are less frightening than gas burns and shell shock. The ghost of the War looms darker than Dracula’s shadow.

Until the night one of her friends disappears.

Now, they are under constant attack, beset by the blood-hungry corpses of un-dead soldiers at exactly the moment another monster appears: an incubus, lethally attractive. The young man offers help, and Meg wants to believe him. If only she could convince her friends she is immune to his spell.

Someone wants them dead at any cost. The answer lies in old books, dark sorcery, and a secret kept for twenty-five years, written in blood. If Meg wants her friends to live, she’ll have to open her eyes.




My Review:

When I first came upon We Shall Not Sleep I knew I had to read it as I love watching the TV show Van Helsing and I love vampires too so I was definitely in and I couldn’t wait to begin the adventure. When I read the summary I knew it would be different than the TV show but I didn’t know just how different.

Although I didn’t know what to expect going in I soon learned that whatever I may have been expecting was not what the book was about even though it was different I still loved it and I can’t wait to see what Meg and the others have for us in the next book Dark & Hungry Graves. Oh just the title itself seems mysteriously inviting and a little scary too.

We Shall Not Sleep brings together some very prominent characters in fantasy and historical fiction like descendants of Van Helsing and Dracula. Once I picked up We Shall Not Sleep I was unable to put it down again until I had read the last page. It pulled me in from the beginning with all the action and suspense not to mention the twists and turns that had me glued to my seat as Meg went up against vampires and other undead creatures.

As we were introduced to each character and we got to know them more as the story went on I kept wondering as to how all these characters were going to come together. All during the story I never once guessed as to how all of their stories were going to intertwine and I will have to say that it really surprised me in the end but it was astonishing to say the least.


I highly recommend We Shall Not Sleep to all fans of vampires, Dracula and Van Helsing. One click yourself a copy today! 


Connect with M.R. Graham:




0 comments: